1.    #1  
    First off, if there is a better place to post this please move and sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

I have searched and I have found a lot of answers to my questtions, but everyones situation is a little different from mine.

I am following the comprehensive flashing guide. I have bypassed activation, but with the devicetool.jar provided from palm, not the treo8 one that is suggested in the guide. I have tried to find it and am downloading one now that will hopefully be the correct one.
    But anyway, I have the pre up and running. But after installing the Show First Use App, It does not work and I can't log into my palm profile. It comes up, shows the loading circle, and the says there is an error that cannot be resolved. Help?

On a second issue that I don't believe has anything to do with this issue, My battery will not charge. It will be plugged in(tried multiple different chargers) and won't turn on for days. I got in on and "charging". But it hasn't gone past 15. Dr. Battery says the battery health is at 77%, but it is always discharging by 135-260, even when plugged in, with no apps running besides Dr. Battery.

I have been a strong supporter of webOS since it has been around, and am pretty comfortable with homebrew. Very comfortable around computers, so fixes/ tips, I should be able to follow.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickylago2 View Post
    I am following the comprehensive flashing guide. I have bypassed activation, but with the devicetool.jar provided from palm, not the treo8 one that is suggested in the guide. I have tried to find it and am downloading one now that will hopefully be the correct one.
    But anyway, I have the pre up and running. But after installing the Show First Use App, It does not work and I can't log into my palm profile. It comes up, shows the loading circle, and the says there is an error that cannot be resolved. Help?
    • To clarify did you run webOSDoctor?
    • What version of the phone do you have (Carrier, etc)?
    • When you bypass activiation with the Palm / HP tool that phone is developer only mode and unless you do something like Impostah I don't know if you can login to your profile. Why did you need to bypass activation?
    Disregard this, please. I'm not sure what happened (something having to do with the novacom windows drivers fighting with VMWare for control of the palm (my ubuntu box is a VM running in VMWare Workstation). On the Nth attempt (where N is a number between 5 and 50... I stopped counting to be honest) it caught just right and started working. It's booting up now. Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------
    I followed these instructions and when I attempt to flash my device (Verizon Palm Pre Plus that I only use as a wifi device. It's not activated with Verizon) it gets to 4 percent, reboots the device, and the device hangs at the PALM logo. After some time the WebOSDoctor says thep hone has ben disconnected and I should click OK to try again. The phone never recovers. I have manually put it into recovery mode. Looks like I need to flash back to 1.4.5, unless someone has any ideas.

Help, please!
    Last edited by mjasner; 06/01/2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: It started working now... odd...
    Quote Originally Posted by mjasner View Post
    I followed these instructions
    Uh???? what instructions are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by mjasner View Post
    ...and when I attempt to flash my device (Verizon Palm Pre Plus that I only use as a wifi device. It's not activated with Verizon) it gets to 4 percent, reboots the device, and the device hangs at the PALM logo. After some time the WebOSDoctor says thep hone has ben disconnected and I should click OK to try again. The phone never recovers. I have manually put it into recovery mode. Looks like I need to flash back to 1.4.5, unless someone has any ideas.

Help, please!

Need a lot more info.
    Sorry, should have been more specific. The instructions I followed were from link375's link (post #2 in this thread). It turned out the issue I was having was a problem with my PC. The usb redirection to VMWare is acting oddly so it kept disconnecting my palm at bad times. I've got WebOS 2 on it now, but I can't get my palm account on it. My palm account is just blank and it won't let me sign into my palm account OR create a new one. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Why don't you just use wubi to install linux? It's a lot easier this way.

The script you should be running is: ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 --wifi-only

After you run the webOS doctor and get the device up and running. Use impostah to add your profile

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7.    #8  
    Sorry I haven't replied.
    I have a Sprint Palm pre minus, I ran the devicetool.jar from HP dev site. I believe that's webOS doctor
    The reason I'm doing this is because I'm flashing my Pre to metro PCS (I know it's probably aweful) because my 2 yrs were up with my iPhone and I want webOS to hold me over until Pre 3 without signing a new contract.