Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hi WebOS buddies!

I own a Pre minus, I upgraded my WebOS 1.4.5 to WebOS 2.1 recently before travelling to Malaysia and Indonesia. I have never tried to use the GPS while I was in the UK territory. Now that I need the GPS in foreign country, I realise, the GPS does not work. Is this a main issue after 2.1 upgrade? or is it just my GPS failing me?

Thanks a bunch!
    have you got a data conection to download the maps?. Google maps won't even load without it.

map tool or map tool pro will work offline.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hi hagster,

Yes they sold a 3G Data ready prepaid SIM card, my Pre minus is unlocked so it is compatible with any SIM Card over here. I've tried loading Google Map with the Data connection and even Wifi, they loaded fine, but the coordinates shown is empty. This happens to all apps that require GPS to work to detect my current location such as the Weather Channel and Facebook location...

Please helpp...
    I had similar problem visiting Australia, wonder if GPS chip of pre minus or plus can work in that hemisphere. I know pre-2 GPS works there.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Palm has a bug in the Google location services which causes it to fail in the Southern Hemisphere.

I reported it in webOS 1.3.1, and got a bug tracking number. It is not fixed yet, even in webOS 2.1.2 ...

Turn off Google location assistance, and the bare unassisted GPS will work.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Palm has a bug in the Google location services which causes it to fail in the Southern Hemisphere.

I reported it in webOS 1.3.1, and got a bug tracking number. It is not fixed yet, even in webOS 2.1.2 ...

Turn off Google location assistance, and the bare unassisted GPS will work.

-- Rod
    Should have known this when I went to Australia.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Here is the feedback email address. Have a whinge about it. I do every so often.

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thanks for the helps guys, I am currently trying to use just the bare GPS. It takes a long time to read and eventually failed to detect my location. It is a no go for me