1.    #1  
    I've searched and searched and tried every method I can think of to get the GPS on my 2.1.0 Pre+. Doctored from 1.4.5 but didn't bother to check if it worked then (d'oh!).
    I haven't been able to get a GPS fix since day 1 of doctoring - nothing, outside, clear skies, my Garmin picks it up in 30 seconds after a hard reset but the Pre times out both in ##477# and in the Device Info --> Interactive Tests --> Global Positioning Services.

Google Services works fine when I'm connected to WiFi, locks location and is fairly accurate.

I'm using Uberkernel 2.1.0-18, Govnah screenstate 125/1000.

Patches installed:

Flash
    Enable USB Passthrough
    Fixed KB brightness 50
    Flashlight in Device Menu
    Google first sync 1 yr back 4 yrs forward
    GPS Icon on top bar
    More Standby times
    No Missed Call Callback
    PDF Redux
    Remove Send and Attach buttons
    Remove video pause on minimize
    Reset options on power button hold
    Rotated battery icon and sm percent text
    Show flash preferences on legacy devices
    Unthrottle download manager
    video camera flashlight

However, it's worth saying that I haven't been able to get GPS working after:

uninstalling Uberkernel / Govnah, hard resets, following all the serial order instructions (i.e. disable google, restart, enable gps, enable google, disable google...etc).

I also applied the QPST fix - all modes enabled and GPS receiver active checked as well.

I'm at a loss - I've gone so far as to double check the connection with the GPS antenna. I'm not in a city (although I'm kind of in a bit of a valley, but no mountains - we're talking a couple hundred feet of elevation here) and have a clear view of the sky overhead.

A-GPS servers are set to use Google's A-GPS server (supl.google.com [obviously resolved this to the IP])

I'm officially lost though.

Any thoughts? Should I try doctoring to 1.4.5 and trying it, redoctoring 2.1.0...waaahhhh I wanna use Sprint Nav! (which, by the way, works great on Verizon phones too)

Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm a tech guy so nothing is over my head technically either.

--J
    THe first time you do it, make sure you have "find me" including Google, and do it while you are connected to wifi. THat helps it get a fix.

I'm not saying this will solve it, but if the GPS is working, it takes a while to find itself, especially if it has been awhile.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    THe first time you do it, make sure you have "find me" including Google, and do it while you are connected to wifi. THat helps it get a fix.

I'm not saying this will solve it, but if the GPS is working, it takes a while to find itself, especially if it has been awhile.
    If google services is enabled and GPS is enabled, I get the same horizontal accuracy as if just google services is enabled...which means it's just using IP location and nothing from the GPS. I literally sat outside for half an hour today letting it sit there trying to fix...error'd out every time

Is it possible that I have a bum GPS chip? Or is that part of a SoC and other things wouldn't be working as well?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I was never able to use GPS with Google services turned on (would be off by about 100 miles).

Try turning off Google services.

GPS does not need Google services.
    there is a patch that disables aGPS that may help. Somewhere around here is a frankenpre thread that discusses getting the gas capability turned back on.
    Try my GPS program in my sig. It will work in airplane mode (no data connection). It might help you troubleshoot. The maps don't work in airplane mode, but you can always get your position, turn your connection on, and then get the map.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.