Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    just gotten a replacement phone form HPalm. # 6 or 7.....lost count by now.
    Guess what, the replacement does not work.
    Yep, the so called testing center sends out phones that are apparently NOT tested.......

The time spent on the phone with Palm (and now Sprint) between last week and today is about 6+ hours. My time has a value, but according to HPalm "I'm sorry" should cover that.

Overnight replacement maybe? "I cannot promise that sir".

I know I am not Apotheker, Kerris, or Rubinstein so "steppin on it" to get me another phone would be a tad unreasonable to ask.... After all I am a PAYING CUSTOMER and HP already has so many of them that one less would not be an issue.

Disgusted does not cover my mood rite now. Customer service and HPalm in one sentence is an oxymoron in my book
    Normally I roll my eyes at threads like these, but that's a pretty epic customer service fail. That rant was well-earned. I'd definitely fire off some emails to Dan@Sprint.com and whatever higher-level CS desk HP has.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Thanks VCI,
    I've sent Dan@ a mail.
    Ready to call corp HP and get at it. I've just started that's how ****ed off I am
    ^ Just remember to keep your head cool when talking to the reps. It's not their fault, and you'll get farther with a calm, polite manner than you will by shouting.
    My advice is to bypass Sprint altogether. I would in parallel send off a complaint to HPalm. I got my first 3 Pre's replaced by Sprint and it was a pain but it was stress free when I turned to Palm.
    Yo,

I have seen a few packages loaded onto trucks in my time. That phone could have worked like a champ before some maniac at fedex or ups got their hands on it. Let's not assume.

Peace,
    B.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    My advice is to bypass Sprint altogether. I would in parallel send off a complaint to HPalm. I got my first 3 Pre's replaced by Sprint and it was a pain but it was stress free when I turned to Palm.
    On the phone with corp HP and to an "executive" problem solver. a nice guy on the phone but has no "authority" to ship a phone overnite. 3 to 5 days is the "policy" Now on to this supervisor.

Supervisor has now worked out the issue and will ship overnite.
    Will post when in.

I don't want to be unreasonable, but expect reasonableness from HPalm in return. That's all. Having to be so persistent and get to corporate to get what is reasonable is not very enticing to buy product from a company.

I like webos, but HP makes it hard to stick with webos.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    well packaged phone, arrived in mint condition
    Agree that anything can happen
    ^ That was fast. Does HP have a transporter?

EDIT: Ohhh you meant the one that didn't power on.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    ^ That was fast. Does HP have a transporter?

EDIT: Ohhh you meant the one that didn't power on.
    Yes I meant the brick they initially sent VCI. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
    I have the oposite to say about Palm's repair centres. Although this is in the UK. I sent my, nearly 2 year old, Pre- off to have it's touchscreen repaired (It was touching it's self).
    It returned as if it was a brand new phone. It still has the same serial number, but if it wasn't for that I would have thought this is a new phone. In addition to the touchscreen issue: the power button had been acting up, I had the usual crack by the USB door, the finish on the 'button' and ear piece had worn off. All of this was fixed, I had only reported the touchscreen!!

Just thought I'd throw some positive feedback in there!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I'm the "disgusted" poster.
    Called HP corp in Palo Alto and asked for Leo... knowing full well not getting him on the line. However I ended up on the exec "floor" and moved on to the palm guys. Had to get thru to a higher up there whom I "sparred with". He then took ownership of the issue and overnited me a brand new pre (after first planning a refurb, which I would have been fine with, but he "got it").

Now up & running again. I still maintain it should have never gotten to this point in the first place in lite of the time spent to get reasonably what is right.

Also got a call from Sprint's Dan Hesse's office inquiring on status and what they could do and the lady there will folllow up with me today.

Persistence pays off (liking webOS does not hurt either, otherwise I would have been a goner a while ago)
    I'm actually really surprised HP has new-in-box Pre Minuses. Those things are getting to be collectors' items!