Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I'm in Atlanta, a metropolitan city if you will with 5 mil ppl in the metro region.

To date, I may have come across maybe 3-4 pres in the wild, not including a friend who bought a pre- upon my recommendation last year. And I've spotted 2 in a Philly office where I go a lot for work, of which one of them was fumbling with her Pre+ b/c it would not turn on. Doh!

Seriously... with that many (or lack of) sightings, you'd be hard pressed to believe that Pres even exist! It's amazing that we have any activity on this board at all! I think it's just the same ppl getting gazillions of refurb pres... That's where all the Pres are. LOL.

Now as for iphone sightings...
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    In my corner of Northern Nevada, I have seen an unusual amount of Pres in the past year, and the odd part is that none of them are owned by people I know. I have recommended the Pre to many people, but they all get talked into an Android phone when they go to the store. Of course, it doesn't help when I tell people that they should wait a little while for the Pre3, since when people ask for phone advice it is usually because they want one now...
    Also in ATL, have a launch day Pre- from Sprint (of course), webos 2.1.0, OC'd with UK, patched - ran into the ONLY other one I have seen - they saw 2.1.0, OC'd, and they were impressed - gave them precentral.net, and now they are on the road to modifications, overclocking, patching, and preware...what a nice thing to share.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I'm in Jersey and I've seen quite a few Pre minuses in the wild in my own state and in New York when I take trips up to the city. Funny thing, the only Pixi I ever saw in the wild was on a cruise to Mexico last year LOL
    I live in NJ and I go to work in NYC. Last couple of years, I've seen 2 Pre and 0 Pixie. And I think I saw dozen WP7 for last few months.
    I'm in Gainesville, FL. I bought my first Pre last October at the local Sprint store. They were still selling Pre's (and Pixi's) at that store. Since then, I've seen a lot of people with Pre's and Pixi's.

Maybe they just don't sell those phones in ATL or Philly anymore.
    It's a two year old phone with a very spotty history of carrier support. It's not uncommon that they're hardly around anymore in the wild.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    All I know is I saw some super fly honey with a Pre+ while I was on the tram tour at Universal Studios a few weeks ago. Super. Fly. Honey.
    I used to go to lunch with a bunch of other tech guys from work. AT a typical lunch there were 3 of us with Pre's. Of those 2 were Pre Pluses and one was a Pre. The Pre owner has a Pixi in use in his family and I have one other Pre Plus and soon will have two other Pre's.

More surprising to me was that I have run into a lot of people who ask - is that an iPhone than I have who say, "Is that a Pre?" but I have run into more than I can count on two hands who asked that 2nd question.
    I live in NYC metro, and interestingly enough I've been seeing more pre's than I've ever seen before.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    all i know is i saw some super fly honey with a pre+ while i was on the tram tour at universal studios a few weeks ago. Super. Fly. Honey.
    poidh
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    poidh
    I wasn't about to do anything of the sort. Super fly honey was with her super ripped father and i'd rather keep my face in a super intact condition.

EDIT: Her super ripped father and her younger sister both had iphone4's, so you KNOW super fly honey was super on top of it.
    Last edited by blue duck butter; 05/25/2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Shoot i've got a launch pre and since then i've only actually seen 5 Pre's in the wild and one was a friend of mine. And i live in LA. It's not like we're short of people. I just don't see them often let alone Veers.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I used to see a lot more Pre's, unfortunatly usually with people that were having problems/planning on switching.... Have had a launch Pre, only problem I have had is with ear speaker but as I ususally am on bluetooth for long calls have not taken it in for service. Still have several friends with Pre and did see a couple in Houston on a business trip last week...
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    I've seen 3-4 at work, but honestly, if it's not open with the mirror showing, I can't tell one cell phone from another.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Same storry on the other site.
    Saw 3 Pre in Berlin (subway), but will see much more on Friday (webOSconnect :-)
    My coworker here in Munich has one, I have a friend who has one (although he bought his after becoming enamored with mine, so I dunno if that counts) and I've seen about a dozen or so in the wild, most of them standing out as a back mirror against someone's head.
    I even HEARD the signature xylophone ba-ding system sound a few times when I didn't see any Palms.

I've only seen two Pixis though: my girlfriend and an O2 employee I once met while carsharing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I wasn't about to do anything of the sort. Super fly honey was with her super ripped father and i'd rather keep my face in a super intact condition.

EDIT: Her super ripped father and her younger sister both had iphone4's, so you KNOW super fly honey was super on top of it.
    Bro, you still shoulda tapped that.
    In DC area and more and more I hear the webOS default alert tone going off in public places.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    In DC area and more and more I hear the webOS default alert tone going off in public places.
    A few weeks ago I was visiting and my wife and I both have Pre's...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast