1.    #1  
    it was happening on and off where my backlight never came on so i would just take the battery out and turn the phone back on and i would have the backlight on again. Now no matter what i do, the light on keyboard is always off. I set brightness at 100% and even used the brightness linked app as well as the patch to force keyboard brightness with no success. I thought taking the battery out was going to make it work again like it was doin for me recently but noe im stuck. What else can i do?
    make sure your battery has more than 30% or more battery life
  3.    #3  
    dude that is not a helpful answer. My battery is brand new and its always charged. So i dont get what the problem is.
    any patches?
    themes?
    If you have tweaks check there.
    You might have a patch that turns them off.
    Mode-switcher mode?
    It might be a hardware problem too.
    Good Luck,4r4qg
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  5.    #5  
    themes? No, no themes. Only patch i just put to see if it helps is the force keyboard light to 100%. Mode switcher mode? What is that?
    hhhhmmmmmm......
    This looks like something to contact HP about.

P.S. here's the 1.xxx version (It's awsome)
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  7.    #7  
    oh well it just came back on. Contact hp? For a pre thats only $30-$50 bucks. 1.xxxx version? Get serious now. Just so people know. Its not a hardware problem. I only took battery out yesterday and noticed no back light on keyboard. And today i took battery out, restarted the phone and whala! I have the light back on. So if anybody has the same problem then 95% of the time is having to take battery out and put it back on and you should be able to see the light on keyboard.