Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hi All,

My pre minus loud speaker has finally stopped working. I'm not sure if it's related to the webOS 2.1 update I did to it or not though. Before ordering a replacement, is there any way to double check that this isn't a software issue? I've already verified with the ghastly headset that the system thinks its in speaker phone mode when it should.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    ~sillydino
    Its the speaker for sure. Just buy a new one. $10 bucks on ebay from china.

but if you plan on using your pre- for another year I would buy 2 just in case. These speakers are not that great
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 05/21/2011 at 11:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sillydino View Post
    Hi All,

My pre minus loud speaker has finally stopped working. I'm not sure if it's related to the webOS 2.1 update I did to it or not though. Before ordering a replacement, is there any way to double check that this isn't a software issue? I've already verified with the ghastly headset that the system thinks its in speaker phone mode when it should.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    ~sillydino

For 100% certainty - Doctor back to 1.4.5 and check. It does sound like you have a hardware problem - but since you need to put it back to stock before you return it - you should use this opportunity to test it before you replace it.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    My speaker just went as well. I know it is a hardware issue since it was working fine for months after I went to 2.1. I noticed that a week ago it was loud but cracking, now at max volume it is very low. I ordered a replacement speaker, hope it is easy to replace.