1.    #1  
    hey seeing how my pre's ear phone is gone and i dont have working volume keys, i was planning on buying another pre for $50 on ebay. So here is my question. When i deactivate this palm pre and active the other one, will i have all my pictures and music and applications on my next pre if i log in with my profile? And also i was going to upgrade the next pre to 2.1 so should i upgrade it first and then activate it and log in to my main profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    hey seeing how my pre's ear phone is gone and i dont have working volume keys, i was planning on buying another pre for $50 on ebay. So here is my question. When i deactivate this palm pre and active the other one, will i have all my pictures and music and applications on my next pre if i log in with my profile? And also i was going to upgrade the next pre to 2.1 so should i upgrade it first and then activate it and log in to my main profile?
    Pictures and Music are not part of the profile and are not backed up. You need to copy these from the media portion of the USB drive on the phone to a computer and then back to the new device.

Applications are IN THEORY going to be reinstalled automatically - in practice not always true but even if the app does not download you can download for free if it is a paid app that you already purchased.

SAVE/RESTORE is a good utility to look into to keep other items like your progress/preferences within apps.

I don't know the answer to your 2.1 question.
  3.    #3  
    yea so thanx. Im just not sure if i can log in to profile after putting 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    yea so thanx. Im just not sure if i can log in to profile after putting 2.1
    If you haven't upgraded to 2.1 I'd wait to do it with the new phone. Remember to turn your backup offs before you switch to 2.1 so your profile moves over.
    If you have apps that are no longer in the catalog (ie tweed or music ringtones) those will not be downloaded to the new phone.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html