1.    #1  
    Is there a way to be sure all of my personal is off of my Pre Plus but would like to leave on most of the apps as a way to incent the buyer to pay a bit more for mine than he would otherwise. Is there a good way to do this? I am having trouble deleting apps that contain personal info (such as ClearCheckbook). I go thru the steps but they won't delete. Also, I am already disconnected from my provider so the only way I can connect to a network is via wifi. Also can't figure out how to delete all my contacts. Went thru the steps to eliminate the accounts connected with various contacts, buy most are still on the phone. Have to go thru one at a time?

If I need, I can do a system re-sent but am not sure which to do as I see a couple of options.

Finally, once I do all of this, is it "unlocked" for any other provider network or just thru AT&T?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee666 View Post
    Is there a way to be sure all of my personal is off of my Pre Plus but would like to leave on most of the apps as a way to incent the buyer to pay a bit more for mine than he would otherwise. Is there a good way to do this? I am having trouble deleting apps that contain personal info (such as ClearCheckbook). I go thru the steps but they won't delete. Also, I am already disconnected from my provider so the only way I can connect to a network is via wifi. Also can't figure out how to delete all my contacts. Went thru the steps to eliminate the accounts connected with various contacts, buy most are still on the phone. Have to go thru one at a time?

If I need, I can do a system re-sent but am not sure which to do as I see a couple of options.

Finally, once I do all of this, is it "unlocked" for any other provider network or just thru AT&T?

Thanks.
    If you give a phone to someone else with apps on it, then you are pretty much giving them your palm profile. You dont want to do this since all your personal info is linked to your profile including credit card info for purchasing apps. Also you wont be able to sign into that profile on another device unless the person deletes it off the phone themselves. Bottom line, you should probably just doctor the phone before selling it. Unless you really dont want that profile and didnt sync much with the cloud base profile. I still wouldnt do it.

And if your Pre Plus is an AT&T phone, it is not unlocked. It can only be used with AT&T.
    Problem: all apps are tied to your palm profile.. He will need to buy apps with your profile to keep the ones on your device.. If you sign out online the device realizes this when connected to the net, and proceeds to wipe the device.

Edit: jsjsjs $beat$ $me$ $to$ $it$

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If the apps were purchased apps, you're not allowed to profit off them. They are copyrighted.

We never own our apps we purchase, we buy a user license.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    If the apps were purchased apps, you're not allowed to profit off them. They are copyrighted.

We never own our apps we purchase, we buy a user license.
    Yes but I think OP wants to sell the device including the license.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Are you selling to someone that you can trust? Or over ebay?.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I don't think the profit increase for OP is worth the ink of this thread.
    Damn I just printed it out ;-)
  8.    #8  
    I did a Full Erase on my phone thinking that I could then go back and do a Secure Full Erase. Unfortunately, since I already disconnected from AT&T, I can't connect to the network, which is what the phone is asking me to do before I can get any further along. So my questions are:

1 - Is doing a Full Erase good enough to now sell my phone to someone else?

2 - If not, can I get someone who is an AT&T customer to put their SIM card into my phone so I can get to the point to do a Secure Erase? Would doing so do anything to their SIM card?

Thanks again.
    I did a Full Erase on my phone thinking that I could then go back and do a Secure Full Erase. Unfortunately, since I already disconnected from AT&T, I can't connect to the network, which is what the phone is asking me to do before I can get any further along. So my questions are:

2 - If not, can I get someone who is an AT&T customer to put their SIM card into my phone so I can get to the point to do a Secure Erase? Would doing so do anything to their SIM card?

Thanks again.
    You can change just about everything on your Palm Profile including:
    • Name
    • Email Address
    • Password
    • Security Question
    • Credit Card

Just change the info for the new owner.

Palm Profile Logon

Thanks again.
    Activate in Dev only mode, run secure full erase, doctor back to stock.
    And YES I know how because I did the same dang thing.
  11.    #11  
    Glad I'm not the only one doing dang thangs. How do I get to developer mode from where I am?