1.    #1  
    Hey guys I had a question real quick. I got my girl a pixi a while back and she loved it, but wanted a few games that I had and she couldnt get on her pixi so I bought her a pre. We got her profile switched over to the pre (i made sure the pixi was turned off so it didnt wipe the data off of either phone) and I was wondering.................
    Shes wanting to use her pixi as an MP3 player, do I need to Dr the phone before I turn it back on, i'm afraid if I turn it on and her profile is still active on it it will kill the pre. Get what I'm saying ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
    Hey guys I had a question real quick. I got my girl a pixi a while back and she loved it, but wanted a few games that I had and she couldnt get on her pixi so I bought her a pre. We got her profile switched over to the pre (i made sure the pixi was turned off so it didnt wipe the data off of either phone) and I was wondering.................
    Shes wanting to use her pixi as an MP3 player, do I need to Dr the phone before I turn it back on, i'm afraid if I turn it on and her profile is still active on it it will kill the pre. Get what I'm saying ?
    Once the Pixi gets turned on and has online access, it will wipe itself (just profile and apps, data remains). The last logged on profile remains on.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    sorry for hijacking thread, but will doctoring the phone remove its profile, apps, and data stored on media partition? does the phone need to be active to doctor? thanks for your help.
  4.    #4  
    protofa it does not need to be on to Dr. just hold the Volume up key and turn the phone on, it will start in USB mode where you can Dr it.

The reason I ask is becuase she had angry birds for the pixi, but its not transfering over to the pre. So if she turns the pixi on it will clear itself off, is there anyway to log onto a new palm profile without Dr'ing it?
    1. If you manage to turn the Pixi on in a basement, with no signal, and put it in airplane mode, it won't wipe itself (that is, until it connects to the internet again, it will Ping Palm and tell you that the profile has been logged on in another device and happily wipe the apps. The data (mp3, pictures) will remain there. I repeat, the Pre will be FINE.

2. Forget about Angry Birds Pixi, it won't be transferred, they're 2 different apps. Rovio messed up that one, you'll have to buy the Pre version

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  6.    #6  
    Thanks NB, your my Hero
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    just pay the $2 for the Pre version of AB..

She wants to use the Pixi as an MP3 player? My suggestion, just buy a Sansa Clip.. Great cheap little MP3 player.
  8.    #8  
    Jeff, I actually prefer my pixi I have over my IPOD. Battery life lasts about 2 -2.5 days playing music straight through. Can use wifi if I want and has almost 8GB of music. Has more apps than the IPOD I have as well. All for $35 shipped, cant beat that.