1.    #1  
    I have been running ASV8 Harrier II (fixed 1Ghz) with Govnah since late last year, or early this year (I forget). I made the switch when my phone was getting sluggish with any config offered by UK and someone suggested trying Harrier. In that time, my phone has been running stable, fast and cool.

About a month ago, I decided to give UK another try, and found that my phone wouldn't tolerate anything but a fixed 1Ghz config, or it would slow way down, freeze, or reboot, so I switched back to Harrier and all was right with the world.

But, the intermittent freezes, lockups, and spontaneous reboots I experienced under UK, have become an almost daily occurrence, even under Harrier. What's more, my touch screen keeps malfunctioning or failing to function at all. During calls, if I shift my phone slightly, my mute goes on. I have had apps light up when I touch them, but not open. I have tried to open one app, and had apps I never touched upon up. I have touched my hot key bar and had my drop down menu open up. I have touched Quick System Tasks in my drawer and had some random app open. And, I have had the touch screen just completely fail, forcing a reboot.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of behavior? Has doctoring and reloading helped? Can anyone remind me of a way to save my call history and sms files if I'm going to completely reload my phone?

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  2.    #2  
    One quick addition... has anyone had any problems with the virtual keyboard causing any of the aforementioned problems, even if not in use?

How about the landscape views for email or sms?

Just trying to figure if it might be patches I have loaded.

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Visit the doc...

And then slowly add back patches - I'm talking about taking days or weeks without adding any if you can stand it. I am convinced some of the patch churn I had (add a patch, take away a patch, etc.) eventually caught up to me. I'm not sure - just think it is so.
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    I have been running ASV8 Harrier II (fixed 1Ghz) with Govnah since late last year, or early this year (I forget). I made the switch when my phone was getting sluggish with any config offered by UK and someone suggested trying Harrier. In that time, my phone has been running stable, fast and cool.

About a month ago, I decided to give UK another try, and found that my phone wouldn't tolerate anything but a fixed 1Ghz config, or it would slow way down, freeze, or reboot, so I switched back to Harrier and all was right with the world.

But, the intermittent freezes, lockups, and spontaneous reboots I experienced under UK, have become an almost daily occurrence, even under Harrier. What's more, my touch screen keeps malfunctioning or failing to function at all. During calls, if I shift my phone slightly, my mute goes on. I have had apps light up when I touch them, but not open. I have tried to open one app, and had apps I never touched upon up. I have touched my hot key bar and had my drop down menu open up. I have touched Quick System Tasks in my drawer and had some random app open. And, I have had the touch screen just completely fail, forcing a reboot.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of behavior? Has doctoring and reloading helped? Can anyone remind me of a way to save my call history and sms files if I'm going to completely reload my phone?

Thanks!
    My main freeze/reboot problem with my Pre - (1.4.5) fully patched with UK at 1GHz is (and I'm trying to figure out when and what causes this) when I have Nav running and possibly my music player, making phone calls here and there (this is during long trips to and fro RI to NJ to see family), I then go to text someone, and the texting will be going fine, but once I hit the Orange key to put in a number or symbol, randomly all of sudden the text entries stop, I get about a 30 second freeze, and then the reboot occurs.

Like I said this seems to occur when i've been using the phone for about 30 min to an hour straight (even longer) with multiple calls, texts, music player, web browsing and nav running. After a long period of time, freezing occurs. Oh and most of the time the Pre is on the TS in the car.

let me know is you experience this as well.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.