Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HomeyJay
  • 1 Post By HomeyJay
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Is there any way to search the content of your text messages?
    I was wondering if I could find a particular word or phrase in all my messages..
    schnika likes this.
    I don't think there is a way, but I know in 2.1.x when you use Just Type, it searches through Email and Browser history. If HP added SMS to that list, that would be a much appreciated addition.
    Go to the main screen of the Messaging app, and...Just Type. This works well on my Palm Pre and my Palm Pixi.

The phone will start searching through your conversations for what you type.

It works the same way in Mail and Contacts. You "just type" in the main screen of an app to search through it.

WebOS 2.0 made Just Type global, but it still works pretty well on the WebOS 1 phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightomni View Post
    Go to the main screen of the Messaging app, and...Just Type. This works well on my Palm Pre and my Palm Pixi.

The phone will start searching through your conversations for what you type.

It works the same way in Mail and Contacts. You "just type" in the main screen of an app to search through it.

WebOS 2.0 made Just Type global, but it still works pretty well on the WebOS 1 phones.
    Just typing in the messaging app will only filter by the contact name, not by any text in the message, as it would in the email app.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglouis View Post
    I don't think there is a way, but I know in 2.1.x when you use Just Type, it searches through Email and Browser history. If HP added SMS to that list, that would be a much appreciated addition.
    Yup, that would be something I'd use a lot too.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Just typing in the messaging app will only filter by the contact name, not by any text in the message, as it would in the email app.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Very sorry to hear. Didn't use it enough to realize it didn't do what I thought.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Would be cool if someone could knock up a patch which would allow "Just Type.." to search SMS and calendar events. Id rather have it search stuff like this on the phone than have it search all sorts of exotic locations!
    schnika likes this.