Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Is there any way of knowing that you've previously sent a text to phone number already?
    I'm searching for something in some classified listings but I keep sending texts to numbers that I've already sent texts to!!
    On my Android device, as soon as I started entering the phone number, a list of matching numbers would appear so I'd know that I'd already contacted them.
    Even using "Just Type...", previously contacted numbers don't appear.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this even possible?
    Last edited by HomeyJay; 05/16/2011 at 02:41 PM.
    Save them as a contact?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    LOL. I don't think so!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    So let's get this straight... you want to know if you've texted someone before, but you don't want them in your contact list... exactly what kind of MLM or spam based business are you running here (and what's my cut should I find you the answer )
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    LOL, no, no, no.. I'm just searching for some stuff for home in the local classifieds but I don't want to add all these people that I dont know to my contact list!!
    On the other hand, I don't want to text someone 8 times for a table or something, they tend to get a little ****ed!!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    if you open up messaging into Conversations tab and type the phone number you are wanting to text. It should then filter your conversation list to show if you've texted that # before. (unless you already deleted it from history) If you haven't you can copy the number, hit + in the bottom left corner, paste the number and send your text.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    if you open up messaging into Conversations tab and type the phone number you are wanting to text. It should then filter your conversation list to show if you've texted that # before. (unless you already deleted it from history) If you haven't you can copy the number, hit + in the bottom left corner, paste the number and send your text.
    thanks nhavar. That works brilliantly. I just assumed that "Just type.." would "Just find.." but your way works just as well.

Many thanks!