1.    #1  
    Good morning

Now that WebOS 2.1.2 is out for AT&T Veer does it mean that this version can now be implemented in the Pre - or Pre + device with the procedure WebOS 2 upgrade from 1.4.5??

I know that the version 2.1 on legacy device is a mix of the O2 Pre + 2.1, the Verizon 2.0.1 Pre2 and the soft from each of the carrier of the 1.4.5.

I have to doctor my Pre - because 2 problems that cannot be corrected are present and I want to know if this new version is coming in the near future I'll wait if not, I'll doctor it tonight!

Thank's

Alain

P.S. My 2 problems are that default program are all zeros instead of being Phone for telephone number etc.. and the second problem is that the Advanced System Prefs Email patch cannot be updated and not deleted and I cannot access Preferences of my e-mail accounts!
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    this is a good question. is there really that much of a difference between 2.1 and 2.1.2
    The Veer webOS doctor is now available. It's up to the people over at webOS Internals to see if the changes between 2.1 and 2.1.2 are worth the effort it will take to make it work with the other webOS devices. IMO there doesn't seem to be a difference between 2.1 and 2.1.2 except that stupid AT&T boot logo...

Who knows though, maybe it's a version of webOS that's optimized to run at a slower clock speed than the Pre3 and Pre 2.
    An AT&T boot logo? Jeez AT&T, ***?!?

It makes sense that it is a version optimized for the Veer, although if you think about it, 1.4.5 had to be optimized separately for the Pre and Pixi, but they both had the same version number.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    An AT&T boot logo? Jeez AT&T, ***?!?

It makes sense that it is a version optimized for the Veer, although if you think about it, 1.4.5 had to be optimized separately for the Pre and Pixi, but they both had the same version number.
    True, I guess someone will figure it out. The thing I love about webOS 2.1 is that it supports AVRCP v1.3 (I can now see track information when I stream music from my phone to my Pioneer AVIC-X920BT!!!!). Unless 2.1.2 supports a new feature entirely then I don't think I will bother re-doctoring if it even becomes available.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post
    The Veer webOS doctor is now available. It's up to the people over at webOS Internals to see if the changes between 2.1 and 2.1.2 are worth the effort it will take to make it work with the other webOS devices. IMO there doesn't seem to be a difference between 2.1 and 2.1.2 except that stupid AT&T boot logo...

Who knows though, maybe it's a version of webOS that's optimized to run at a slower clock speed than the Pre3 and Pre 2.
    The difference between 2.1.0 and 2.1.2 are carrier customizations.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe88 View Post

Do it if you want a brick. Veer has a Qualcomm MSM7230, not an OMAP.
    Minor Kernel version differences in Veer vs. other Pre's also. So even with a metadoc - if the kernel is sourced from existing docs it will be a different version not only a different processor compile. This could prove to be an issue because other programs may expect bug fixes that would be missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Comment out the modem update.
    It's not the modem, it's the kernel. Different CPUs.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I have a spare pre+ that I'd be willing to test on.

If I feel like it'd be worth it. I don't think it will be.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06