1.    #1  
    I have Slacker on my pre minus which worked well until about a month ago. Now it does a number of bad things, including slowing between songs, stopping completely, and not restarting until I reboot and sometimes not even then. Pandora on the other hand always works fine.

Slacker help just advised me to delete the software and reinstall, which I have done twice.

Any other thoughts? Or do I abandon Slacker?

Thanks
    Do you have either the Max Blocker or Ad Blocker patches installed?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If you don't have the ad patches installed and the reinstall doesn't work, probably best to abandon Slacker.

I abandoned Slacker because:
    -it would log out randomly and I had to type my credentials in frequently.
    -The pause feature would not work properly (would pause, but not resume.)
    -it would freeze up and log out if I transitioned from Wifi to 3G mid-stream.
    -it does not support BT controls for play/pause/skip.

It is unfortunate because I like the UI better than Pandora and I think the sound quality was crisper. I had contacted Slacker support and all they recommend is a reinstall. That doesn't work and it is an obvious way of saying they don't support WebOS. Haven't seen an update for it ever and there is a ton of room for improvement.

Really looking forward to official Last.fm app on TP and Pre3. Unofficial "Lost.fm" is buggy and apparently abandoned.

I stick to Pandora, TuneIn, and Koto for now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies guys. No, I don't have that patch and it sounds like your issue is the same as mine. Too bad, because I also like the music I had created on Slacker better than Pandora, but so it goes.

The Slacker tech support said there would not be new software until the Pre 3 and tablet come out, but as I'm on Sprint, I'm not sure that will do me any good.
    Well, you never know, updates they make to their app on the Pre 3 could be back-compatible with 1.4.5, or you could upgrade your Pre to 2.1 via homebrew.

I have a feeling with the release of the Veer we'll slowly start seeing more of these apps release updates, or more developers releasing new apps (such as the White Pages app).