1.    #1  
    So for the past week, I've tried every guide of fixing a palm pre stuck in headset mode. Everything from the music app (30 seconds) and continuously unplugging and plugging in headset. I redoctored my Sprint pre to 2.1, cleaned the jack with alcohol and left the battery out for a day. None of these fixed it. I have sprint warranty so I thought i would just get a replacement. The first store i went to somehow the guy realized I was on Webos 2.1 and said that it voided my warranty. He was a webos junky who told me he was holding out for the pre 3 on sprint. So today I went into a different sprint store making sure i got a dumb tech. They never noticed webos 2.1 and said they had to order me a new phone, no store had any Palm pre's in stock. The wait time? 3 weeks. I just couldnt wait that long. Then the manager told me that HP would not work with them on getting the Pre 3 and to not hope for it. I ended up getting a Nexus S 4g for now, with a 30 day return policy in case one of you guys know any way i can fix the headphone jack?
    Quote Originally Posted by nickafreeman View Post
    So for the past week, I've tried every guide of fixing a palm pre stuck in headset mode. Everything from the music app (30 seconds) and continuously unplugging and plugging in headset. I redoctored my Sprint pre to 2.1, cleaned the jack with alcohol and left the battery out for a day. None of these fixed it. I have sprint warranty so I thought i would just get a replacement. The first store i went to somehow the guy realized I was on Webos 2.1 and said that it voided my warranty. He was a webos junky who told me he was holding out for the pre 3 on sprint. So today I went into a different sprint store making sure i got a dumb tech. They never noticed webos 2.1 and said they had to order me a new phone, no store had any Palm pre's in stock. The wait time? 3 weeks. I just couldnt wait that long. Then the manager told me that HP would not work with them on getting the Pre 3 and to not hope for it. I ended up getting a Nexus S 4g for now, with a 30 day return policy in case one of you guys know any way i can fix the headphone jack?
    Search for "graphite powder" or "carbon powder", here in the forum, I don't exactly remember.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg