1.    #1  
    Remember the heady days back in Feb-May of 2009 when we were all waiting with bated breath for the release of the Pre? I do. I even got up at 5am on June 6 to be the first person in line at my sprint store. Well it has finally come time for me to retire from this forum. I am no longer the proud owner of a Palm Pre. And I'm not really all that sad about it. But it means that I will no longer be calling this forum my home. Instead I will be in the Pre2 forum.

Oh wait, you didn't think... Good grief! Of course not!

NOTE: This was originally posted in the Palm Pre forum, where the joke made more sense. I'm not questioning the moderators decision to join this to a different thread. Just trying to explain the joke.
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 05/13/2011 at 02:17 PM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    In case you get lost during your travels:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-2/

Just call me Berd.
    LOL... dagnabbit... you had me ready to bury your 'goodbye' thread. Haha.. nicely played, sir
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/13/2011 at 02:24 PM.
    You got me good, you stinker.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    LOL... dangnabbit... you had me ready to bury your 'goodbye' thread. Haha.. nicely played, sir
    I was thinking of making it a Stikie.
    Just call me Berd.
  6.    #6  
    Credit where credit is due. This idea shamelessly stolen from hparsons.

Last edited by mu7efcer; 05/13/2011 at 02:13 PM.
    Note to self, this isn't really a "goodbye" thread... ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Note to self, this isn't really a "goodbye" thread... ;-)
    I think I blinked and then when I looked again I was thinking I was confused, and then I figured maybe you.... and I was right.

If you understand what I mean.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I think I blinked and then when I looked again I was thinking I was confused, and then I figured maybe you.... and I was right.

If you understand what I mean.
    And I'm not sure if I put it back in the right forum.... argh.
    And I'm not sure if I put it back in the right forum.... argh.
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    This was originally posted in the Palm Pre forum, where the joke made more sense. I'm not questioning the moderators decision to join this to a different thread. Just trying to explain the joke.
    Now it's funny again.

We cantafford to keep moving this thread around.
    Just call me Berd.
    May be a sticky in the moderator forum would help prevent the threads removal ..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Now it's funny again.

We cantafford to keep moving this thread around.
    If it gets any funnier, the next sucker will move it to "Off Topic".

Note to self, don't move this thread. Log out and step away from the computer...
    He didn't tell you the WHOLE story. He pounced on this Pre2 before I saw it but I call foul. I am entitled to it - after all I've had my Palm Pre Plus less time than he has had his Pre. And recently he upgraded to a FrankPrePlus on Sprint and wasn't satisfied with that - he had to LEAPFROG me after I had lorded my superior phone Pre Plus performance over him for the better part of 8 months.

Sigh...

The nerve.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    So this is the guy you were talking about?
    Disgusting... Should be banned ey?
    That's the culprit! Banning's too good for 'im. I think we should make him a moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    That's the culprit! Banning's too good for 'im. I think we should make him a moderator!
    Ouch, so he can move threads around like a blind man dealing a deck of cards?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Good one! I don't know why I even opened a 'goodbye' thread -- got a good laugh!

Happy Friday 13th
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    After seeing some of the crap that mods get on this forum, I'd rather be banned.

Oh, and UV, I gave you plenty of time. That ad was on craigslist a full 24hours before I saw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    After seeing some of the crap that mods get on this forum, I'd rather be banned.

Oh, and UV, I gave you plenty of time. That ad was on craigslist a full 24hours before I saw it.
    I feel like the boy who cried Pre! On a more serious topic I hope you do post about your experiences and compare the Pre Plus FrankenPre vs. the Pre2 in terms of preformance and overall quality/feel etc.

Since I'm a mod on another board - I can tell you that you'd much rather be banned than forced to be a mod. <sigh> It's a labor of love.
  19.    #19  
    I really don't have much to offer in terms of experiences that hasn't already been said. Derek's review was pretty good, and matches my experiences. I also like this thread's description, too.

My summary: fast, really good build quality, feels really good in the hand, 2.1 FTW

Neutral so far: battery life doesn't seem radically better than Pre+

Only odd thing: after the metadoc, I have an app called SIM toolkit. I also have a "SIM" account in the accounts app, neither of which are applicable since I don't have a SIM card. I suspect that's a remnant of the metadoc process, though.
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 05/13/2011 at 08:41 PM.
  20.    #20  
    If it gets any funnier, the next sucker will move it to "Off Topic".

Note to self, don't move this thread. Log out and step away from the computer...
    OTOH since it's been moved around so much, it's now appearing in three places: twice in the pre forum (one time as moved thread one time as a real thread) and once in the pre2 forum (as a moved thread).

Thanks for that!