Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is there a virtual keyboard on Webos 2.1?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/13/2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Title clarified
    That was a really nice thread title. Thanks.
    <<title fixed>>
  4.    #4  
    sorry.
    so is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuspantaleon1993 View Post
    sorry.
    so is there?
    Literally speaking ... yes. The longer answer is that it's a patch that turns on a piece of code that appears to have been something that Palm/HP were testing. This particular keyboard solution is buggy to say the least, as it was never meant to be used by the public. It generally isn't recommended.

The only other solution for webOS 2.1 is to grab one of the keyboard app solutions available in the app catalog.
  6.    #6  
    where's the patch?I'm interested on the patch first
    If you have Preware, search for it on Preware. If not, get Preware!
  8.    #8  
    obviously I have Preware.is it the one that says "enable virtual keyboard"?
    preware says not available for 2.1
    It hasn't been updated for 2.1

It won't be stable on 2.1 so you are better off avoiding it.
  11.    #11  
    either way I'll risk it.:O
    well, good luck with that...

how are you going to install it with Preware recognizing that you are using 2.1?
    i used to have a patch for webos 2.0.1 tha enabled the virtual keyboard i used it on 2.1 and it worked i'll be it it was buggy as hell and would crash luna soemtimes.
    Sprint Palm Pre+ WebOS 2.1 W/ Flash. OC'D 500/1.1ghz.
    Its not worth it. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuspantaleon1993 View Post
    either way I'll risk it.:O
    it doesn't work... type one key and it crashes the phone. every time. other than that, it actually looks kind of nice.
    I believe there is a keyboard app in the catalog for 5 bucks though.
  16.    #16  
    well its worth better than $5. lol
    but its worth it that my pre won't have to suffer all the deju vu
    I used webOS doctor 4.2.3, got arthur's luna.conf.patch
    Plug ur pre + in, select just charge, then open webOS doctor (mine is version 4.2.3), select "just charge" then click green plus, find & select luna.conf.patch (mine was of course in downloads, but wherever your default is for downloads), then click install. Viola ladies & gents. Slowly slide from gesture area, a notification sounds & there she is in all her glory! Too bad HP is giving up, I planned on gettin a touchpad & pre 3... Not now. After my pre gets outdated.... goin with Windows Phone... Hope this helps someone... just tried this process on a whim & it workt.
    Plug ur pre + in, select just charge, then open webOS doctor (mine is version 4.2.3), select "just charge" then click green plus, find & select luna.conf.patch (mine was of course in downloads, but wherever your default is for downloads), then click install. Viola ladies & gents. Slowly slide from gesture area, a notification sounds & there she is in all her glory! Too bad HP is giving up, I planned on gettin a touchpad & pre 3... Not now. After my pre gets outdated.... goin with Windows Phone... Hope this helps someone... just tried this process on a whim & it workt.
    make sure you minimize ATT or Sprint system logs to only errors... minimal logging
    Quote Originally Posted by kizzerd View Post
    I guess by WebOs doctor you mean webOS quick install.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast