1.    #1  
    My original Pre's speakers gave up after a very long run - since I pay insurance, Sprint exchanged it without a question.
    Got a new one, speaker would not work after 3 days - I could only talk on speakerphone or with bluetooth. Returned, got another one.
    Screen was junk, half the buttons on keyboard did not work, camera did not work. Returned got another one.
    Speakers again did not work, straight out of the box! (this one was mailed to me). Excellent customer service at sprint gave me an offer to exchange for another model, which I had to go with because, at this rate I would be in their store twice a week at least to get a new Pre.

I was told they are all refurbished, hence why they did not work.

Now I got an HTC Hero as a 'comparable' replacement, and I couldn't be any more disgusted with this phone. Pre software, and user friendlessness is unbelievable compared to this.

I don't know what to do, I got 30 days to return this .. but with 4 different pre's in a month, it is getting annoying. If somebody would tell me that Pre 3 is coming on Sprint in June or July, I would easily suffer through using Android HTC.

Any advice? Anybody in same boat after getting insurance replaced Pre with Sprint?
    Last edited by gibneb; 05/13/2011 at 08:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Based on the statistics, you're really unlucky, although it would seem you might get lucky on your 5th Pre, if I had to choose between a Hero and a potentially broken Pre, I'd go for the latter. But hey, maybe your luck's looking up now.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Based on the statistics, you're really unlucky, although it would seem you might get lucky on your 5th Pre, if I had to choose between a Hero and a potentially broken Pre, I'd go for the latter. But hey, maybe your luck's looking up now.

Thanks for the feedback! I wonder if they have any 'original' Pre's in stock from summer 2009, and if they would give me that instead of refurbished Pre!?
    I'm a launch day Pre owner. It's the luck of the draw. I've gone through quite a few but the initial terrible refurbs didn't bother me so much as Sprint was more than happy to continue to give me a replacement until I found one that suited me (and wasn't a POS). I found a good one and I still have it. I didn't do anything (homebrew, etc) to the initial ones until I was sure I was going to keep it.

Now I'm just waiting on word on a new HP device, hopefully for Sprint.

If they continue to give you grief about it, go to a different Sprint store. My Sprint store reps were fine in sending me refurbs until I was happy. Just be patient and understanding with them and don't go into the store "demanding" things. Be cooperative with Sprint and you'll be a step ahead.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!