1.    #1  
    Hi,

Recently I bought Palm Pre (Unlocked) from amazon UK. But Pre was not activated when I'm going to use it in Sri Lanka. But I managed to by pass the profile creation screen with the help of Meta-Doctor. Now I can access applications, make calls, etc.. using phone but still cannot create a palm profile (using Wifi). Every time it "Profile Creation Failed" msg. I used webOS version 1.4.5 to flash & model is P100UEU.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong ? or what are the steps I need to follow to create new profile.

Thanks in advance
    ok, you need to install preware and then the patch that lets you run "first use" so you can create the profile.

But, did this phone get activated before they sent it to you? Otherwise you still won'e be able to access the catalog, if I recall correctly.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks GuyFromNam for your reply. Yes I did the exact steps as you mentioned in your post & I'm getting same result each time since yesterday. Still no luck

Actually I'm a beginner for webOS, so I don't think I will use paid apps in near future. But creating palm profile is a must for me to access free apps. Isn't it ?

Other than this server glitch, do u think there is something wrong with my device ? country ? I managed to extract the "CarrierNetworkSettings.db3" DB & checked for Sri Lankan carriers. But unfortunately there were non of them in the list. Do you think if I add my carrier manually & feed this DB back to Pre will it enable 3G ?

Thanks in advance
  4.    #4  
    Thanks again for your super fast response GuyFromNam.

Yes I was able to access internet, create email account & download my gmails & play youtube, etc.. Also during profile creation it pass email verifications, security question also. Then it get failed.

If I'm going to doctor again, what would be the best webOS version for pre (P100UEU) ?

Thanks in advance.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

O2 Germany, UK and Ireland / Movistar Spain
    Pre
    version 1.4.5 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p100ueu-wr.jar

Install this version.
    Bypass activation with the official Palm tool: http://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdow...devicetool.jar
    Install Preware.
    Continue reading here: [Patch] Enable Profile Creation on Activation Bypassed Device (1.4.5) - PreCentral Forums
    Yes, When I did doctoring using "webosdoctorp100ueu-wr.jar" webOS version.

What did u mean by "Install this version" ? if its above version I already running it. And I already use First Use app to create profile. But it continue to fail at the end.

Anyway I'm going to install Preware. Please let me know if you figure out something.

Thanks in advance
  6.    #6  
    Alright got your point. Will try again & see what will happen. Will update you if something goes wrong.

Thanks GFN
  7.    #7  
    Hi,

I tried to create palm profile few times even after doing doctoring few more times. But every time I'm getting same result "Profile Creation Failed".

When I'm changing makefile before doctoring I have uncommented following lines.

# BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
    BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE = 1
    # ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
    # ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS = 1
    INCREASE_VAR_SPACE = 1
    # ADD_EXT3FS_PARTITION = 2GB

do you think this has any connection with uncommenting
    REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1 option ?

Also I enabled my pre in to developer mode, connected to USB & then opened novaterm from my Mac. Then I gave following command to make the profile create from command line.

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.accountservices/createNovaAccount {\"password\":\"YOURPASSWORD\",\"email\":\"YOUREMAIL@SOMEWHERE.com\",\"firstName\":\"YOURFIRSTNAME\" ,\"lastName\":\"YOURLASTNAME\",\"language\":\"en\",\"country\":\"gb\",\"QuestionId\":\"2\",\"respons e\":\"FIRSTCAR\"}

as described in Patch webOS Bypassing Activation - WebOS Internals

But for this I'm getting following error.

** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"errorCode": "PAMS3101", "errorText": "Invalid ROMToken build variant"}

Even after several tries I'm getting same msg. Does this ""Invalid ROMToken build variant" have any connection to my doctored webOS 1.4.5 ?

I know above post is too long. Hope you'll understand my situation. Thanks in advance.
  8.    #8  
    Anyone, any idea about my last post ?
  9.    #9  
    Thanks GFN,

So what should I do to solve this ? I have no clue about what should I do. Because I'm not an expert in Palm / webOS.

If you know how to create Meta-Doctor with correct tokens, please share with me.

Thanks in advance.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks GFN, Will give it a try & let you know any updates.