1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I have been using a Verizon Pixi+ for a little over a year. I love the little phone....despite it's shortcomings.

I am watching a few Pre+ on Ebay right now, was thinking of trying to snag one if I can get it for around $70 (used of course). Would the upgraded performance of the Pre be worth the money??

My Pixi is overclocked and patched up nicely. I am mostly looking at this from a screen size/performance factor....and I want the older Pre because I use the free hotspot as my main internet at home (very little use, but still needed).

Thoughts?? Thanks in advance for the input.
    How long do you have on your contract?
  3.    #3  
    ^I have until January of 2012 before my upgrade date.
    I'm lovin' my VZW Pre+ running webOS 2.1 and UK. Not having voice dial sucked and stacks are awesome.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  5.    #5  
    ^Is 2.1 for the Pre+ an update available on the phone, or did you install it via another method??
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    ^Is 2.1 for the Pre+ an update available on the phone, or did you install it via another method??
    Its not an official update from palm/HP. You have to create it yourself on a computer. Its not too hard if you are computer savvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Its not an official update from palm/HP. You have to create it yourself on a computer. Its not too hard if you are computer savvy.
    Not very hard at all, just a matter of following instructions to a "T". Check 'em out at

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    I have a pixi and pre. The larger screen is definitely nice, but the keyboard on the pixi is just soo much better.
    Maybe you should shoot for the Pre 2 and then you can just use freeTether. If Verizon does ever decided to enforcing tethering charges you can always switch back to your Pixi to get your free hotspot back. The Pre 2 is supposed to have a lot nicer built than the Pre Plus so you might save yourself some frustrations, especially with buying used.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden3269 View Post
    I have a pixi and pre. The larger screen is definitely nice, but the keyboard on the pixi is just soo much better.
    So, if you had to pick just one......
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I went from a Pixi+ to a Pre+ and you'll definitely love the bigger screen, faster OS speed and access to more apps.
  12.    #12  
    I'm leaning towards doing it, especially since it won't make me extend my contract.

I am really surprised at what the Pre+ goes for compared to ,say, the original Droid. It seems like a fantastic phone for the money. The same can be said of the Pixi+ I suppose.
    I am a Pixi+ user also. I've been checking out eBay for a Pre+ also. I'm hoping there will be some great deals on Pre's like the great deals we have been seeing on Pixi's.

Maybe the new releases will help drive down the price of the older models.
    i went from a pre+ to a pixi+. yeah the pixi has a smaller screen and is slower, but its keyboard is so much better. now i enjoy texting.
    So, if you had to pick just one......
    I'd pick the pixi.
    I do enjoy the Pixi's keyboard. I would like to give a Pre+ a test drive as well for the bigger screen.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    I do enjoy the Pixi's keyboard. I would like to give a Pre+ a test drive as well for the bigger screen.
    It looks like the average selling price is between $70 and $100 depending upon condition/ accessories. I am low-ball bidding right now, hoping to get one in decent condition around $60. If not, I may just stick with my Pixi.
    Had a Pixi+ for about 6 months - and love it! Then I was able to pick up a Samsung Galaxy S phone. Screen and speed were awesome; I thought I loved it. Then I dropped it and cracked the screen. Ended up hooking my Pixi+ back up. I missed WebOS, I missed the size and weight of the Pixi, I missed having a real keyboard.

I got lucky and was able to buy a Pre+ off Craigslist for $20. Got it activated and running just fine. Noticeable performance improvement over the Pixi+, increased screen size is very nice. Will upgrade again when the Pre 3 comes out. I think that's going to be HP's masterpiece.