1.    #1  
    I have a Mugen 1400mah extended battery. The specs actually say 1463mah, but I am now getting only 1370 out of it.

The instructions for the battery say not to take it down to absolute 0. Has anyone re calibrated their Mugen with success? Or is there too much risk of ruining it?
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    I have a Mugen 1400mah extended battery. The specs actually say 1463mah, but I am now getting only 1370 out of it.

The instructions for the battery say not to take it down to absolute 0. Has anyone re calibrated their Mugen with success? Or is there too much risk of ruining it?
    Is this battery new? You are suppose to cycle the battery a few times. By charging the battery all of the way up and then by using it until the phone is almost ready to turn off; because the battery power is so low. You are suppose to do this a few times at first with new batteries, then maybe once per-month from that point on. The battery will never drain to zero, because if it did, the battery would be ruined. There is safety features built into the battery. But you may never get 100% full use out of the battery. The battery stats are different then what you would normally see in the real world use of the battery.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 05/12/2011 at 12:25 AM.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

You can read about successful calibrations in the thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ighlight=mugen
    It's confirmed by mugen that it will not harm the battery (can't find the post). As the2ndflood said it will never drain to absolute 0. For webOS 0% means the battery has still around 3,4V

EDIT: I calibrated my mugen at least 5 times for tests.
  4.    #4  
    Cool! Thanks everyone!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me