1.    #1  
    Hello, all.

My AT&T Pre Plus recently passed away, just as the same time my buddy bought a Verizon Pre Plus and a Sprint Pre in attempts make a Sprint Pre Plus. While he's at work with that, he has an empty Sprint Pre...and I have a dead AT&T Pre Plus. I was wondering if it was possible to hijack the coms board from my Pre Plus and put it into the Pre.

And insight would be greatly appreciated.
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    The folks at webOS Internals have clobbered this task (Thanks again Rod!) and the script is available using metadoctor. The only advice I have is if you want to bypass activation try disabling devmode (type ##DEVMODE# on the keypad) then reenabling it and you should be able to get it to work without having to run activation. Cheers!
    Last edited by matteebee13; 08/17/2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Update
    I think you should be able to do it. You'll need to metadoctor to the AT&T tokens and then run the stock AT&T doctor to turn it into an AT&T Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I think you should be able to do it. You'll need to metadoctor to the AT&T tokens and then run the stock AT&T doctor to turn it into an AT&T Pre.
    +1
    Yes it can be done. Token change mandatory!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for all the comments, guys!

Now, I haven't attempted a coms board switch before, I can easily handle the physical part of the process (I used to work a lot with PSPs and such) but the software side is what confuses me a tad.

Regardless, if extracting different tokens are all that is different from the main guide, provided by WebOS Internals, which tokens would I be extracting exactly?

Also, what are these tokens? What do they do?

Cheers.
    ~Ted
    Last edited by tedthebassist; 05/11/2011 at 11:37 PM.
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)