Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    It was just over a week ago that Sprint Pre's were rumored to be getting 2.0. As most of us know, this did not happen. It has come to my attention that other AT&T costumers, like myself, can either Doctor our Pre+ to 2.0 or wait till AT&T releases 2.x. As it stands now, does anyone know when AT&T might be releasing 2.x? Has anyone talked to any AT&T representative about 2.x, like someone did with Sprint?
    There are no plans to release 2.x for the AT&T Pre+. There are ocourse other means by which you could install webOS 2.1.0 on the AT&T Pre+.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snaptrax View Post
    It was just over a week ago that Sprint Pre's were rumored to be getting 2.0. As most of us know, this did not happen. It has come to my attention that other AT&T costumers, like myself, can either Doctor our Pre+ to 2.0 or wait till AT&T releases 2.x. As it stands now, does anyone know when AT&T might be releasing 2.x? Has anyone talked to any AT&T representative about 2.x, like someone did with Sprint?
    I highly recommend meta-doctoring to 2.1 instead of waiting. You are missing out by sticking with 1.4.5.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I disagree, 2.1 is a mess on pre plus on ATT. Even after overclocking, updating swap settings, minimizing logs, it was still full of bugs, random hickups, and issues that frustrated the hell out of me (lots of little things). I was def excited at first, but usability was horrible, and the bugs are not worth it at all. You can't even download the 2.1 apps. By the way, this is not a shot at webos internals: they did an awesome job porting it over, I just think that 2.1 has a ridiculous amount of bugs and is not optimized at all. Eventually went back to 1.4.5.

I think best thing is to just switch phones. If you want 2.1 get a veer or unlocked pre 2.

Also, I think HP already forgot about making things right for you (not you you, but everyone you), and i doubt that ATT would ever ever do anything nice for its customers by putting 2.1 out officially for the pre plus.
    It not worth it. Stick with 1.4.5 and install the govnor overclocking ap with preware . Install interfaceLIFT and the glass effect suite theme. If you want a new OS buy a new phone.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    It not worth it. Stick with 1.4.5 and install the govnor overclocking ap with preware . Install interfaceLIFT and the glass effect suite theme. If you want a new OS buy a new phone.
    where do you get interface lift?
    you definately CAN install 2.x apps after meta-doctoring. I have many on my Vzw Pre+. I disagree about the usability. I find it no more buggy than 1.4.5 was.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    AT&T is different - purchasing of 2.x apps is not allowed:

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

This and the instability are the reasons I doctored back to 1.4.5. I also had trouble with Synergy remembering my passwords.
    You can use Impostah app.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisAntonio View Post
    You can use Impostah app.
    I have Impostah installed but it doesn't seem to do anything. The only buttons that are lot up are: Connections, App Data, App Cookies, & Web Cookies. Any way to get it all working properly?
    Quote Originally Posted by seasons View Post
    where do you get interface lift?
    InterfaceLIFT is in the app catalog.
    I have Impostah installed but it doesn't seem to do anything.
    Look up the app that you want in Preware and copy down the ID. Go to the App Catalog section of Impostah and enter that ID in the "Application Installation" field. Click "Get Application Info" and then "Install Application". This only works for free 2.x apps unless you've previously purchased paid 2.x apps.
    I have Impostah installed but it doesn't seem to do anything. The only buttons that are lot up are: Connections, App Data, App Cookies, & Web Cookies. Any way to get it all working properly?
    Guess you didn't read the splash screen when you first started the app.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Guess you didn't read the splash screen when you first started the app.

-- Rod
    When I start up Impostah I don't get a splash screen. What does it say?
    When I start up Impostah I don't get a splash screen. What does it say?
    Uninstall and reinstall and you'll see it.

-- Rod