1.    #1  
    This just started today. I can only hear the phone ringing when making a call if I have it on speaker phone. If I turn the speaker phone off, I don't hear anything. It's total silence. Anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJay0786 View Post
    This just started today. I can only hear the phone ringing when making a call if I have it on speaker phone. If I turn the speaker phone off, I don't hear anything. It's total silence. Anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it.
    What happens when someone answers? If the answer is you still cannot hear them then you likely have the phantom headset problem. This is where the phone THINKS there is a headset plugged in - when there isn't. If that's the case there are a lot of different fixes.

If however you mean this only impacts the ringing sound - what a strange problem!
  3.    #3  
    I can't hear so I don't know if someone answers or not. The only way I would know is if I put it on speaker phone and i hear the person. If I take it off the speaker phone once i hear the person I can't hear anything. I tried putting the headphone jack in 50 times and it still doesn't work.
    I can't hear so I don't know if someone answers or not. The only way I would know is if I put it on speaker phone and i hear the person.
    Try that and then take if OFF speaker phone while talking to someone and see if it goes silent. Pay attention to the labels on the phone app when you click the speaker phone - there should be a speaker that looks like a phone and another one labeled speaker that looks like a driver from a loud speaker with curved lines (representing the speaker phone). If you see anything that looks like a pair of headphones (assuming you don't have a headset plugged in) you have the phantom headset problem.

If you do have that problem here are some threads that will help:
    EDIT - Links not working for some reason. Search for Ghastly Headset and search for Stuck in Headset Mode.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html
  5.    #5  
    Thats the problem I don't see the headphone label. Both of them have the phone. That's what's confusing me.
  6.    #6  
    Where can i get the ghastly headset? Seems like I can't even get on the main page without get that 502 bad gateway.
    the ghastly headset is a horrible solution. Search the forums for exactly this: stuck in headset mode: permanent, easy fix. Follow the directions in that thread.
    Thats the problem I don't see the headphone label. Both of them have the phone. That's what's confusing me.
    Where can i get the ghastly headset? Seems like I can't even get on the main page without get that 502 bad gateway.

Uhmmmm... that's really strange. Speakerphone should not look like the phone icon. Have you tried rebooting fully yet? That's my first advice if you haven't.

The Ghastly Headset program worked for me but it was cumbersome and I had to engage it each time I made or received a call. You can only install using webOSQuickInstall.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...dset-mode.html

Personally if you can't confirm a stuck headset yet - I wouldn't bark down this path.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    the ghastly headset is a horrible solution. Search the forums for exactly this: stuck in headset mode: permanent, easy fix. Follow the directions in that thread.
    I completely agree that the Ghastly Headset is a stopgap only. However - I have problems with the idea of using Graphite which is conductive in a phone. I would recomment looking for more threads and reading alternate solutions and not just the one you pointed out.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Uhmmmm... that's really strange. Speakerphone should not look like the phone icon. Have you tried rebooting fully yet? That's my first advice if you haven't.

The Ghastly Headset program worked for me but it was cumbersome and I had to engage it each time I made or received a call. You can only install using webOSQuickInstall.

Personally if you can't confirm a stuck headset yet - I wouldn't bark down this path.
    Speaker Phone has the phone and the two lines. But when I click off I can't hear anything. I'm just going to send it back and get another phone.
    Speaker Phone has the phone and the two lines. But when I click off I can't hear anything. I'm just going to send it back and get another phone.
    That's reasonable. If you need to use it in the meantime if you plug in the headset that came with the phone it may work.
    I used graphite and it works great. If you're worried about conductivity, use silicone lubricant instead.