1.    #1  

Mine takes up to 7 minutes to reset. It seems the more apps and other content that I have on my phone, the longer the phone takes to reset. Right now my Pre is packed with a lot of content, so the reset times are the longest that they have ever been.

Is 7 minutes higher or lower then your reset time? (I'm Talking About A Full Device Reset, Not Just A Luna Reset). I want to see if my reset times are common among users with lots of content on their phones.

Last edited by the2ndflood; 05/09/2011 at 08:56 PM.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

mine is pre+ on 2.1. according to preware it has abt 89 programs installed and it took 2 min to do a full restart
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JanJan View Post
    mine is pre+ on 2.1. according to preware it has abt 89 programs installed and it took 2 min to do a full restart
    I have 191 apps on my phone right now and that is why my phone takes 7 minutes to reset. So you are actually getting a 2 minute reset time? Even when my Pre was new I never had a reset time that was only 2 minutes long. But you have a Pre Plus, so your Pre is faster then mine. Do you have any Overclocking patches on your phone? I wonder if Overclocking patches can help with lowering reset times?

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I have 191 apps on my phone right now and that is why my phone takes 7 minutes to reset. So you are actually getting a 2 minute reset time? Even when my Pre was new I never had a reset time that was only 2 minutes long. But you have a Pre Plus, so your Pre is faster then mine. Do you have any Overclocking patches on your phone? I wonder if Overclocking patches can help with lowering reset times?
    It's more likely that some patches that you have installed are causing a long boot time, not the # of apps installed. When I had my Pre -, I had it overclocked with a little under 300 apps + patches installed. My full reset time was around 5 minutes. I don't know all the patches that add to boot time; but I know the patch that allows you to download youtube videos adds to it.

I currently have a Sprint Pre 2, and it takes 2min 5 sec to do a full restart. I added the youtube download patch, and the time almost doubled so I got rid of it.

I love the speed of the Pre 2, can't wait for the Pre 3.
    i think it will definitely. mine is oced to 800mhz
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    It's more likely that some patches that you have installed are causing a long boot time, not the # of apps installed. When I had my Pre -, I had it overclocked with a little under 300 apps + patches installed. My full reset time was around 5 minutes. I don't know all the patches that add to boot time; but I know the patch that allows you to download youtube videos adds to it.

I currently have a Sprint Pre 2, and it takes 2min 5 sec to do a full restart. I added the youtube download patch, and the time almost doubled so I got rid of it.

I love the speed of the Pre 2, can't wait for the Pre 3.
    The phone still takes a long time to load when I have no patches on the phone. So it can't all be the patches fault. It could be a mix of things, but when I asked Rod, he told me the patches don't slow the phone down. So I'm not really sure all that is causing my phone to take such a long time to reset. But it's annoying to say the least.

I don't ever time my reboot time, but your experience is consistent with mine in that the more you have installed, the longer it takes.

I would guess that it has to do with the entire app partition being encrypted, though I don't know for sure.

Luckily, I don't need to reboot it often. I think if I was a person who wanted to turn the device entirely off every night it'd annoy me, but as it is now, it's barely a minor inconvenience for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    The phone still takes a long time to load when I have no patches on the phone. So it can't all be the patches fault. It could be a mix of things, but when I asked Rod, he told me the patches don't slow the phone down. So I'm not really sure all that is causing my phone to take such a long time to reset. But it's annoying to say the least.
    I see, I guess every phone will act differently. I had way more apps & patches than you on my Pre -, and my longest boot time was a little over 5 min.

As far as patches go, for some reason the youtube download patch caused my Pre 2 to take a log time to restart. Once I removed it, my Pre 2 went back to it's normal restart time.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I see, I guess every phone will act differently. I had way more apps & patches than you on my Pre -, and my longest boot time was a little over 5 min.

As far as patches go, for some reason the youtube download patch caused my Pre 2 to take a log time to restart. Once I removed it, my Pre 2 went back to it's normal restart time.
    I love that Youtube download patch. Why couldn't it be a patch that I don't use? How did you figure out that the Youtube patch was causing your phone to reset slowly? And how much of a difference did it make?