1.    #1  
    I got a new palm pre+ for verizon and got done setting up some accounts and activating and everything and I find many apps that tell me I don't have a high enough version to get them, and the update app tells me there are no updates available.

I have set up dev mode and WOSQI, but I would like to update to WebOS 2 if i can.
    I wouldn't mind having 1.3.5.1 if it weren't for all the apps that i can't use.

I've heard about doctoring it, and I don't really know what that means.
    I don't care if i need to wipe my device, all i've done is copy some music to it and install yelp and a couple other apps.

Do I simply follow the wiki guide for webos 2 upgrade? (I can't link to it, not enough posts)
    And can I simply use the WebOS doctor that WOSQI downloaded for me?
    And what version will that give me?
    Does updating my PRL(whatever that is) require me to reactivate?

I have more questions too, but those are the big ones.
    You should try using a basic Doctor first before you try the WebOS 2.0 trick.

Try downloading the doctor for WebOS 1.4.5. Get the Verizon Pre+ one. You can find a list of all the WebOS Doctors at Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Before you can run a doctor, you need to put your phone into recovery mode. To do that, turn it off. Plug your palm USB cord into your computer. Then hold the Volume-Up button as you plug the cord into your Palm phone.

The phone will start charging, see that you are holding the Up button, and go into recovery mode (you'll see a big picture of a USB logo on the screen).

Then you can run the WebOS Doctor for 1.4.5 and it will update your phone.

(Also, on Verizon, you can dial *228 at any time to update your PRL. The same number does activation, but if the phone is already activated you can just update your PRL instead.)
  3.    #3  
    I've tried this and I can't get it to work.
    I follow the directions to a T and I get stuck at the step that says "connect your phone directly to the computer" I check in device manager and the drivers installed correctly.

I've tried the hard link from the wiki that goes directly to the jar and the palm link to the jnlp where I enter my SN and everything, same result with both.

I've tried the palm method of plugging into the wall first and your method, both get me to the USB symbol bootloader page.

Uninstalled palm from device manager, restarted, tried again and it still doesn't become enabled. My pre+ is always showing the USB symbol, what am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottter View Post
    I've tried this and I can't get it to work.
    I follow the directions to a T and I get stuck at the step that says "connect your phone directly to the computer" I check in device manager and the drivers installed correctly.

I've tried the hard link from the wiki that goes directly to the jar and the palm link to the jnlp where I enter my SN and everything, same result with both.

I've tried the palm method of plugging into the wall first and your method, both get me to the USB symbol bootloader page.

Uninstalled palm from device manager, restarted, tried again and it still doesn't become enabled. My pre+ is always showing the USB symbol, what am I missing?
    Check this out,

http://universal-novacom-installer.g...0Installer.jar

That will give you the drivers for your system to help the Pre communicate properly with the doctors.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hate to hijack your thread scottter, but I'm having the same problems. I had to Dr. My phone last night and now it will not show I have an update for 1.4.5, I am stuck on 1.4.1.1. I am one of the ones that got 1.4.5.1. on their phone, and and kinda wondering if that messed up my phone.