1.    #1  
    So I got my Palm Pre for Christmas in 2009, I was so excited. I've still got it, and I still love it. But something's come up. I don't have enough posts to post links, but I feel this is a little too urgent to spend time acquiring 10 posts, I'll work on that after I bring this up.

yourimg.in/m/98rov75.JPG
    yourimg.in/m/ow19j44.JPG
    yourimg.in/m/3jx2jti.JPG

(Camera didn't want to focus for some odd reason)

I dropped the phone while the slider was open and it totally popped off its hinges. The only things keeping it attached is a little spring and 2 strip-wires.

Not sure what to do; can it be fixed, or am I better off moving on?
    you can talk to a pre the wrong way, and sprint will still replace it.
  3.    #3  
    It's off-contract, no warranty, nothing. So for some reason I don't think I can have Sprint replace it.
    You can buy a used one off of ebay, or if you have money you can make a FrankenPre 2.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    the sprint tech should be able to put it back together for a nominal fee.
    You could take off the comboard and maybe try to re connect the keyboard...
    I agree with ursula, check to see if you can repair it by yourself by using the link he gave you. It could be a simple fix.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    I remember I dropped my first Pre (im on my third one now) with the slider open and the result was that the phone felt loose all of the time. It felt like I was holding two separate pieces together all the time. Got tired of it and went to sprint for a new one
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Sprint repair centers have told me that ANY problem on a Palm Pre can be "fixed" by them for $35 repair fee. I have had several Pre's repaired or replaced for $35 each. They have also fixed one for me and said "don't worry about it" because I had been in there several times.

It's worth a try and please update this thread when you resolve the issue so others can find an answer if they come across your thread in a search.

Hope it helps,
    -- Kevin
  10.    #10  
    Well I appreciate the advice guys, but the phone just keeps getting worse, so I'm getting rid of it. I think something is wrong with the antenna or something because I can't get any service, the bar icons don't even show up, it's that bad.

So now the phone's essentially nothing more to me at this point than an IPod Touch would be; lots of apps and that's pretty much it.

I get paid Wednesday, I'll be switching over to the EVO Shift unless a miracle occurs. It's a real shame, too. I hate being sucked into contracts, and I was really hoping to wait it out and see if the Pre 3 was coming to Sprint. I won't be surprised if they release the news shortly after I make the change.

This community has been great, and I really will miss WebOS. Perhaps when the contract ends, it will still be around and I can switch to that. We will see.

Thank you all very much, and now a moderator can lock this up.
    Too bad you have to leave the webOS community, enjoy your new phone when you get it!
    Quote Originally Posted by krshgr View Post
    Well I appreciate the advice guys, but the phone just keeps getting worse, so I'm getting rid of it. I think something is wrong with the antenna or something because I can't get any service, the bar icons don't even show up, it's that bad.

So now the phone's essentially nothing more to me at this point than an IPod Touch would be; lots of apps and that's pretty much it.

I get paid Wednesday, I'll be switching over to the EVO Shift unless a miracle occurs. It's a real shame, too. I hate being sucked into contracts, and I was really hoping to wait it out and see if the Pre 3 was coming to Sprint. I won't be surprised if they release the news shortly after I make the change.

This community has been great, and I really will miss WebOS. Perhaps when the contract ends, it will still be around and I can switch to that. We will see.

Thank you all very much, and now a moderator can lock this up.
    You can still remain a member of this site, even if you don't have a Pre anymore. You just won't be able to comment on things that your Pre is doing. I would really suggest getting another Pre on Ebay. That is where I bought my second Pre. I paid $100, in like-new condition. That way you stick with a cheaper WebOS device, until the new devices come out, hopefully in the summer.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Yes...if you want to avoid locking yourself into a contract for now, Ebay is your friend. You could spend less money on Ebay than buying a new phone and being forced to leave the webOS.
    Are you planning on throwing the phone away? I would send you $10 dollars, if you were willing to send me the phone so I can take it apart. I have wanted to take a Pre apart for a few years now.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel