Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    My Pre screen is not smashed, it looks pretty fine without turning it on.

However, once it's ON, it's now showing horizontal and vertical lines in rainbow colors all over the screen. I've tried to shut it down, removed the battery for a long while and then put it back on. But the lines are still showing.

Does that mean the LCD is dead? Any advice?

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Hey, I had that same effect on another phone and it turned out to be a small bit of plastic which had broken off and was exerting pressure on the rear of the LCD screen. The repair shop took the plastic out and it was fine. They couldn't find where the plastic came from thought!
    Did you just get your phone. When I first got my pre plus, I had some screen issues. But after using it for a while, they went away. Does it go back to normal at all?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say that it wasn't a Pre that had the fault, it was an oldish Nokia. I've never had this problem with the Pre but you description was exactly like what my Nokia screen looked like.
    Quote Originally Posted by asiayeah View Post
    My Pre screen is not smashed, it looks pretty fine without turning it on.

However, once it's ON, it's now showing horizontal and vertical lines in rainbow colors all over the screen. I've tried to shut it down, removed the battery for a long while and then put it back on. But the lines are still showing.

Does that mean the LCD is dead? Any advice?

Thank you.
    Like this?

Color bars

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I thought the OP meant oil slick type 'rainbow patterns' - the sort you get when you push on a LCD!