1.    #1  

On many of the phones that I have owned over the years, the phones came with an external antenna port. Does the Palm Pre have one? If so, where can I buy the adapter to make the Pre/Antenna connection? And where is the external antenna port located at?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I was unable to find it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.rosenfelder View Post
    I was unable to find it.
    There might be a port, but it could be hidden under a sticker or piece of plastic. I really hope there is an antenna port. It would help me get better FreeTether speeds in my home.

There IS one that looks like an antenna port.

Open the back door, and take off the battery/SIM instruction sticker, carefully

below it, on your left, you can see a tiny coax connector.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I know what you mean. Nokia were big on them. They would connect in to the car kit. Cant remember when I last saw one on a recent model tho.

the pre doesn't have one.

this site a good guide on the pre's antenna.

Antennas: The Inverted-F Antenna (IFA)
    well done nutty. I didn't know that was there.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    There IS one that looks like an antenna port.

Open the back door, and take off the battery/SIM instruction sticker, carefully

below it, on your left, you can see a tiny coax connector.

Is there anyway that you could take a digital picture of what the port looks like? I don't want to tear off the sticker, if the thing isn't an external antenna port.

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Is there anyway that you could take a digital picture of what the port looks like? I don't want to tear off the sticker, if the thing isn't an external antenna port.
    Sure thing, it's replaceable (the sticker thing). You don't even have to mess with screws or anything, just pop out the back cover and you're there.

The one thing that I really hate about ALL current webOS devices is the lack of an autofocus camera I had to take these with my gf's android... I already feel the itching...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    the very bottom corner rectangle will lift on a flap. No need to peel the sticker off.

Looks like some form of mmcx connector but I cant confirm that right now.
    Unless you are planning on putting that antenna outside this wont matter for the signal in your area cannot punch through your house.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Unless you are planning on putting that antenna outside this wont matter for the signal in your area cannot punch through your house.
    sometimes it's just nice to know these things even if it's useless.

Can anyone photoshop MacGyver using a pre with an 18 element yagi?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Sure thing, it's replaceable (the sticker thing). You don't even have to mess with screws or anything, just pop out the back cover and you're there.

The one thing that I really hate about ALL current webOS devices is the lack of an autofocus camera I had to take these with my gf's android... I already feel the itching...
    Thanks NuttyBunny! Those images do seem to be showing a port. I will have to look for an adapter now. Hopefully one is being sold.

And Addiarmadar, I have used external antennas before on a few different phones and the bars did go up. It's not a massive change, but it does work. As long as you have the right type of antenna.

13.    #13  
    I have found a few web sites that claim to sell the antenna adapter, but they don't offer a photo of what the cable and end look like. They show photos of the passive antenna adapter, but not the one that plugs into the phone. Hopefully they will email me back some more info and some other photos.