Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I searched for this but couldn't find anything.

I've got a launch day Sprint Pre- which I've put 2.1 on. In the past few days I've started having a problem where Voice Dial would continually launch itself every few seconds when I am doing other things (not using the phone app) on the device. Also the volume keeps getting maxed out even though I haven't touched the volume keys on the side of the phone. So I'm guessing that Voice Dial is launching based on the phone thinking the up key is being held in.

I tried taking the back cover off and blasting some compressed air in there but so far that hasn't helped. It's kind of random when it does it too. The phone can be locked and the screen off and it will do it as well.

Anybody got any ideas?
    have a tech at the sprint store replace the switch?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Will they do that? That phone is coming up on 2 years now.

It also has 2.1 on it so they may not be willing to touch it, unless I doctor back to 1.4.5 and swear I never put the thing in developer mode or anything.

EDIT: I should add that both the up and down volume keys work fine in controlling the volume and pushing the up key once does not result in more than one level of volume increase nor does it trigger the Voice Dial app. That happens at random times.