1.    #1  
    I have preware loaded onto my Pre along with several patches, etc. I never technically 'rooted' the phone, but do have lots of preware apps installed. I have screws falling out, a bad speaker phone, a semi stuck volume rocker, so it's needing to go to a sprint store to get looked at to see if they'll replace it. Should I Doctor the phone 1st or is it fine loaded with Patches and stuff???
    doctoring is always good because it removes any chance for questions. But remember that there is nothing about patching or preware that voids warranty or should create issues.
  3.    #3  
    I thought they used to have a problem with that, or was that just if you rooted the phone???

I'll probably not do anything as it's clearly hardware issues, I'm having, I just don't want them to look at it, see I have Preware, see that I have 4x icons, etc and say I've done something to harm the phone....

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    I thought they used to have a problem with that, or was that just if you rooted the phone???

I'll probably not do anything as it's clearly hardware issues, I'm having, I just don't want them to look at it, see I have Preware, see that I have 4x icons, etc and say I've done something to harm the phone....

Thanks!
    Overclocking Kernels are the one area that they really have said COULD void the warranty. In truth I think it's best to Doctor because it removes any possibilty of corrupt software being the culprit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post

Thanks!
    No one really "roots" a webOS phone. Developer mode and Preware is safe and effective. As said earlier, doctoring is the safe route. If not, at least remove the overclocking kernel.
    Don't forget to do a full erase also - you don't want your personal info stolen by the folks fixing the phone.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the replies. I actually had removed over-clocking kernels a while back, because it was seeming to drain my battery, so that wasn't installed.

I took it in last night, he glimpsed at it for maybe 30seconds and ordered me a new phone. Hard to say it's software when keys are sticking and screws are falling out.....