Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So i was editing a document on Google Docs this morning and i noticed that it had been updated...So I fired it up on my Pre to see if this update was also on the mobile version... and it is !!

It seems to allow creating new documents and editing documents in addition to the previously available viewing of docs...

I didnt check for full functionality yet but here is a screenshot:

About time!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Very nice.
    Thanks for telling us!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I was just able to create a spreadsheet from scratch right on my Pre.

I then added my printer to google cloud printing, using Chrome on my PC, and was able to make the Pre browser tell me the print job was added, but nothing has ever actually printed.

Looks promising for sure.

Thanks for pointing this out!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    No dice for me. Still Read-only =T What URL are you using? I'm on docs.google.com

Edit: Looks like I can create a new spreadsheet/document, but I'm unable to edit a saved document. It's still just Read-only
    Last edited by neoGTR22; 05/04/2011 at 09:59 AM.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Neil,

That is the URL I am using.

I just went to the cloud printing beta on the PC (Chrome browser) and all the print jobs I sent to the printer are "queued" for some reason. The only option I have is to delete the jobs.

Not sure why its not working.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Ahh well. Cloud printing would be a neat feature when it's working. Thanks for sharing the info.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Google Docs works on webOS 2.0 (Quickoffice), but only for viewing documents. Supposedly they're adding editing to Quickoffice, but I'm not holding my breath for it coming anytime soon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I can confirm that document creation and editing works. I'm using a VZW Pre+ with 2.1.
    Just tried on my Sprint Pre- 2.1 and was able to create a new spreadsheet. Awesome, thanks for the heads up.
    No editing on 1.4.5, but doc creation is there. Yay!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am in fact creating AND editing, on 1.4.5

Cloud printing is still eluding me. I sent several print jobs to the printer (see above), but none printed. Needed to re-boot the PC, they all printed following the reboot. I figured that the re-boot was all that was needed, so tried to print again, this job is stuck in queue again.
  12.    #12  
    you are right Arpena!...anyone dealing with any type of sensitive information or data should not use google docs for security reasons...

but for the type of inane writing im doing i couldnt care less if it was stolen by google, the government, or anyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by arpena View Post
  13.    #13  
    I got a chance to check it out further and I noticed that there are two modes:

Desktop Version - you can create and edit documents

Mobile Version - allows for creation only

When you first login from the Pre you will be in the Mobile Version and you can switch to Desktop thru a link at the bottom of the page...

The Desktop version does announce that you are using google docs in an unsupported browser so it will not have full functionality...this is true as i was unable to use the deeper functions like changing the font color or creating a table...

still its better than nothing...now i will be able to get a little more real work done without having to be chained to the laptop!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Google Docs works on webOS 2.0 (Quickoffice), but only for viewing documents. Supposedly they're adding editing to Quickoffice, but I'm not holding my breath for it coming anytime soon.
    In case there is any confusion, Google Docs has nothing to do with Quickoffice? Google Docs = browser based editing of docs in 'the cloud' and QuickOffice = viewing (and maybe one day editing) of docs on the device.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Yep, it works on my Pre2 webOS 2.1. I can create a doc and spreadsheet and fill it with text. There's is no "SAVE"-button, but the app saves automatically. Was able to download and edit on my laptop. Great!
    Palm Pre2 (mar 2011) running 2.2.4 + HP Touchpad 32GB (sep 2011) running 3.0.5 + Pixi Plus (may 2012) running 1.4.5
    Previous devices: Palm Treo 750 (feb 2007) - Palm Tungsten T (may 2005) - Palm IIIc (2001) - Palm III (1998)
    Still can't edit pre-existing docs?
    Using WebOS 1.4.5 and the mobile view, I can edit spreadsheets, but not documents. I can create both.
  18.    #18  
    to edit my old docs what I've been doing is copying and pasting them into a new document...the new doc is then editable...
    I think Google took it away? Trying it on my Veer now and I keep getting the WAP read-only version.

EDIT: use the link docs.google.com/m?iphone=true and it works, abeit a bit buggy.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 08/17/2011 at 09:50 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    not working with Sym chars and Enter(new line) :-/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast