1.    #1  
    Since I upgrade to 2.1, just about everything is working good except the messaging app is buggy. My Google Talk friends all show up when I go online, but after awhile, the app seemingly stops updating who's online and who isn't. Sometimes it will show people going offline but won't drop them from the list of friends, other times it just stops updating period. I can even logoff and it won't update the list of who's on and who isn't under the "Buddies" list.

Any idea how to fix that? The only thing I can do right now is reboot the phone to clear it.
    I was under the impression that google voice was kinda iffy/buggy on the palm pre. I couldn't even get it to work on mine. I'm sure someone else with more experience will jump in with some troubleshooting on this. But IME I wasn't able to get it to work and from what I read it doesn't always work with the pre. I could be wrong though. Anyway I hope you can get it figured out.
    Sprint Palm Pre+ WebOS 2.1 W/ Flash. OC'D 500/1.1ghz.
    My messaging app is buggy/laggy on my Sprint Pre- running 2.1. I also have Sconix's Advanced System patches installed. I'm going to uninstall those first and see if it helps.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintPre-1983 View Post
    I was under the impression that google voice was kinda iffy/buggy on the palm pre. I couldn't even get it to work on mine. I'm sure someone else with more experience will jump in with some troubleshooting on this. But IME I wasn't able to get it to work and from what I read it doesn't always work with the pre. I could be wrong though. Anyway I hope you can get it figured out.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. I wasn't talking about Google Voice, I was talking about Google Talk (aka gChat) through the messaging/IM app.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Sprint FrankenPre2 webOS 2.1.0, messaging app says Offline even though it is showing some buddies. I try to switch to Available but nothing happens. Other internet apps work fine. Rebooting fixed it for me too.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slick5150 View Post
    Since I upgrade to 2.1, just about everything is working good except the messaging app is buggy. My Google Talk friends all show up when I go online, but after awhile, the app seemingly stops updating who's online and who isn't. Sometimes it will show people going offline but won't drop them from the list of friends, other times it just stops updating period. I can even logoff and it won't update the list of who's on and who isn't under the "Buddies" list.

Any idea how to fix that? The only thing I can do right now is reboot the phone to clear it.
    I am having the exact same problem with my unlocked PreČ. I am running 2.1.0 and this issue is really annoying. My wife's Veer doesn't seem to experience it tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Sprint FrankenPre2 webOS 2.1.0, messaging app says Offline even though it is showing some buddies. I try to switch to Available but nothing happens. Other internet apps work fine. Rebooting fixed it for me too.
    Having exactly the same issue as this. Only way to sign back in is a reboot - anyone know of a fix?

This is on a Pre 2.
    messaging app is buggy/laggy on my Veer too, running 2.1. Even with every messaging-app related patch disabled. Same issues as written above: 3 sec delay when sending texts and when sending a text in a separate conversation card, the whole card crashes and comes back up after a second or so. Very annoying as I am a heavy texter (and love the Veer's keyboard!) Is there a way to maybe downgrade the messaging app untill these bugs are fixed?
    Part of the problem with a FrankenPre is you sometimes have to deal with all the scars. Time to upgrade to a new phone.
    ... As you can see these problems don't only occur on frankenPre's, my Veer is 100% stock, just got preware on it.
    frankenpre was buggy for a while, but fixed itself somehow
    I also have a problem with the messaging application. It stays offline and doesn't do anything if I turn it back to Available. Is there any way to debug the connection?