Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I installed 2.10 on my Verizon Pre Plus, and battery is draining very quickly. Has anyone else seen this problem when going from 1.45 to 2.10? Is there anyway to figure out if some app/patch is draining the battery? I have brightness at 9% and I've turned off GPS all together. I used to get pretty good battery life on 1.45, and I'm not a heavy user of the phone at all, and could usually get 1-2 days on the Pre, now I'm lucky if I get 5-6 hours before the battery is dead on 2.10.
    Quote Originally Posted by rspinell View Post
    I installed 2.10 on my Verizon Pre Plus, and battery is draining very quickly. Has anyone else seen this problem when going from 1.45 to 2.10? Is there anyway to figure out if some app/patch is draining the battery? I have brightness at 9% and I've turned off GPS all together. I used to get pretty good battery life on 1.45, and I'm not a heavy user of the phone at all, and could usually get 1-2 days on the Pre, now I'm lucky if I get 5-6 hours before the battery is dead on 2.10.

That was pretty standard with me too, 10-15% per hour, with both 1.4.5 & 2.1.0. I'm actually amazed that you can say you were getting towards 2 days. You would just have to think about which patches are actually draining the battery I guess. You could try Sconix' Mode Switcher app and program it for data on demand which helps considerably, otherwise, get the toggle switch for data and manually turn it on and off by yourself. I found some patch that turned the GPS on when I opened Google Maps and shut it off when I closed it that helped.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I had the same issue when I made the upgrade.

What ended up fixing it for me was 2 things. First I set the wifi to turn off when the screen was off. For some reason I get really poor battery life with the wifi running all the time. If I had to guess, I'd say that 2.1 is not optimized for the wifi radio in our older devices.

And secondly, I had to install the "Quiet powerd Messages" patch in Preware.

Hope that helps..
    Are you overclocked at 1ghz? If so, try going to screenstate 250/800. I found that bumping down from 1ghz to 800mhz made a pretty big difference for my VZW Pre+. My phone was getting a little hot at 1ghz, which was sucking the battery dry quite quickly.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll give them a shot.
    That 250MHz isn't friendly with all phones, if your phone keeps crashing you may have to up it to 500.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    That 250MHz isn't friendly with all phones, if your phone keeps crashing you may have to up it to 500.
    Hmmm ... maybe that's my problem? I've been having intermittent freezes where I have to pull the battery and reset. I think when I had 1.45 I was doing 500/1000. I'll switch it to 500/800 and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I have a pre- with 2.1 and for the first week or so battery was terrible. It seems to have leveled off now. The thing that helped the most is the delta dagger kernel. 800mhz. I usually keep the compcache off actually. The trick with this kernel is it's amazingly low drain when the screen is off. So if you keep the screen on for a Loong time (an hour of angry birds) it'l burn pretty quick, but other wise it's great for normal use during the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    +1 - Even though my last Pre Plus seemed to be stable at 250mhz but after a few weeks of use I finally had a couple of crashes and stopped using 250mhz. Overall it was not worth an occasional failure.

I wonder since the default is to have the voltage drop as the proc speed drops if raising the voltage a little at that speed would work - I tried it and it seemed to but then I started using other kinds of kernels like F102B and abandoned testing. I can't say that I saw a lot of improvement in battery life but I don't recall crashing anymore.
    Doctoring mine back to 1.4.5 now, tried 2.1 over my two days off battery lasts like two hours??? Email accounts will not stay logged in? Phone is extremely unresponsive at times?

There may be fixes or get rounds but no thanks
    When you tell someone something, it depends on what part of the World you're standing in . . . as to just how silly you sound.