1.    #1  
    Dear all,

My o2 Pre Plus has 15 out of the 96 squares in the Interactive test for the Touch Sensors not responding. I have restarted it many times. Any advice.

Thank in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by JM8753 View Post
    Dear all,

My o2 Pre Plus has 15 out of the 96 squares in the Interactive test for the Touch Sensors not responding. I have restarted it many times. Any advice.

Thank in advance.
    Doctor it; check it again; if still the same; replace it.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks will try. BTW I am on webos 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by JM8753 View Post
    Thanks will try. BTW I am on webos 2.1.

Then unless the phone comes with or is carrier upgraded to 2.1 I would doctor first back to 1.4.5 or whatever the carrier supports in that area and retest. If that test goes well then I would try moving to 2.1 again.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Then unless the phone comes with or is carrier upgraded to 2.1 I would doctor first back to 1.4.5 or whatever the carrier supports in that area and retest. If that test goes well then I would try moving to 2.1 again.
    I upgraded it to the O2 version of webos 2.1. Could it be the LCD problem?
    Could be a short to the LCD screen, do believe the USB port is infamous for this since this has happened to 2 of my early build devices. The ports got loose and was shorting out my touchscreen so a simple resolder fixed that. Also unshielded chargers can cause this so if you are using an aftermarket one for the device, unplug it from the phone and go into another room to see if it still happens. If you have a screen protector due remove it and try again.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. Do you have any instructions or pictures to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Could be a short to the LCD screen, do believe the USB port is infamous for this since this has happened to 2 of my early build devices. The ports got loose and was shorting out my touchscreen so a simple resolder fixed that. Also unshielded chargers can cause this so if you are using an aftermarket one for the device, unplug it from the phone and go into another room to see if it still happens. If you have a screen protector due remove it and try again.
    Unfortunately I do not have pics or how-tos for fixing a loose USB port In that USB port, looking at the side from inside toward the LCD screen there is a seem. If that seem has split, there is your problem. If no split and the port doesn't wiggle, well better option is if your phone still has warranty then should go that route if possible.

Does the test still fail when the phone is not near your charger??
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    You've probably done this a couple times by now, but the easiest troubleshooting step to do before anything more complicated would be to clean your screen. The sensitivity on mine gets horrible when it's really dirty.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You've probably done this a couple times by now, but the easiest troubleshooting step to do before anything more complicated would be to clean your screen. The sensitivity on mine gets horrible when it's really dirty.
    Thanks for the advice. I have already removed the screen protector and cleaned the screen. Still the same non responsive screen.
  11.    #11  
    I reinstalled webos 2.1 but still the same unresponsive 1/4 touch screen.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Unfortunately I do not have pics or how-tos for fixing a loose USB port In that USB port, looking at the side from inside toward the LCD screen there is a seem. If that seem has split, there is your problem. If no split and the port doesn't wiggle, well better option is if your phone still has warranty then should go that route if possible.

Does the test still fail when the phone is not near your charger??
    The test still fails when it is not charging.

I have yet to open the phone though.
  13.    #13  
    The unresponsive squares increase to 27 from 15.
  14.    #14  
    30 now. Help!
    JM8753, I sent my O2 UK Pre- off on Wednesday last week to get it's touch screen fixed. I got an email yesterday telling me it's on it's way back to me! So it's taken them less than a week to sort it, I've just had to use an old Nokia I had lying around.
    Don't bother with going through O2, talk to Palm direct. They were very good. I had to pay for shipping to them, but that's it. I'd class that as good service considering I've had the phone for almost 2 years!
    I'm having the same problem.. But it's just 4 squares not working.. The four right in the middle starting from the bottom going straight up in a row... ..smh
    Irocdaspot513, mine started off slowly and worked it's way up to constant pain in the *** touchscreen issues. Get it sorted now before it really gets you down!
    It's the sensor on your screen starting to fail. It will get worse. It's not OS related, it's hardware. They will replace your screen.
    Similar symptoms can be caused by a low quality charger but since you've checked that then I'd say it's hardware failure.
    Been there, done that.

Palm will replace if your still under warranty - go to palm direct.
  19.    #19  
    Hi, Thanks for the advice. Could I also conclude that using the USB cable is not such a good way of charging the phone?
  20.    #20  
    52 out of 96 squares not responding. Going back to my centro!