Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else do an update and see that 1.4.5.1 is available? Trying to download now, but it's slow going.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    My update screen seems to hang with the update circle just spinning.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
  3.    #3  
    Yes, same here.
    I had the spinning wheel for about 4 or 5 minutes. Now I've got the message:

"Palm webOS 1.4.5.1 is now available. It's about 1MB.

We'll download it over the next couple of daays when your phone is idle and a high speed network is available. You'll be notified when the update is ready to install.

HP webOS 1.4.5.1 Feature Highlights
    Be sure to try out the new features in HP webOS 1.4.5.1"

That's all it says. Should I tap 'download now'?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

5.    #5  
    >> Should I tap 'download now'?

Go for it. I'm finding myself in an endless loop between the above message and "Checking for updates...".
    Mine is just spinning

Update: It said there was a download I hit "download Now" and it went back to checking for updates
    Last edited by Major Payne; 05/02/2011 at 09:08 AM.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Did...sounds like I'm in same boat. It spent a minutes 'downloading', although the progress bar never indicated it had accomplished any of the download. Then, after about 2 minutes, it went back to the 'checking for updates' like at the beginning, for about 4 or 5 minutes before coming back to the 'webOS 1.4.5.1 available' screen. I tapped download now again, and I'm waiting now on the 'checking for updates' spinning wheel screen for the 3rd time. Oh, now I'm back to the download now screen...tapped button again, says it's downloading, like before. No progress showing on status bar. This time it seemed to do something different. It went back to the download now button highlighted. Then, after about 10 or 15 seconds, acted as if I had tapped the Download Now button once again, which I hadn't. Now it is 'checking for updates'. I'll let it alone for a bit, see if anything comes of this after a while.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

been sitting on the downloading for 5 min now... no clue what it is doing

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I think the purpose of this update is to replace their app-catalog with the newer version.
    has anyone on Sprint seen this update?
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    nope, nothing for sprint
    First...

Second...

Third...

Finally...the downloading progress bar never showed any progress and the screen went back the the "Checking for updates" screen:

I've been going through this cycle for about 30 minutes now.
    Yep that is what i get also

wow, great feature!
    I can't find anything on verizon's website about this update.
    Last edited by Major Payne; 05/02/2011 at 12:06 PM.

nada on my Sprint Pre.
    I think the biggest thing here is that it says HP webOS 1.4.5.1, so my guess is its a app catalog update built into a webos update.
    it says "Palm webOS 1.4.5.1" at the top, and "HP webOS 1.4.5.1" at the bottom
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    Been trying since 10AM, just got this message:
    I'm trying to download it now. If it truely is only 1 Meg, the download should be done in less than a minute. That's not happening here.

Any clues what the extra .1 does?
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast