Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    I'm trying to download it now. If it truely is only 1 Meg, the download should be done in less than a minute. That's not happening here.

Any clues what the extra .1 does?
    Probably an app catalog update
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hmmm....never considered another update when I decided to build my Franken-Pixi, wonder how this'll go down? The phone tells me it's Sprint, the webOS upgrade check says it's Verizon, and I think I have apps that have said either...
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaAndoo View Post
    Hmmm....never considered another update when I decided to build my Franken-Pixi, wonder how this'll go down? The phone tells me it's Sprint, the webOS upgrade check says it's Verizon, and I think I have apps that have said either...
    If you franken' pre'd your advisement was to disable automatic updates which would have been disabled if you followed the instructions in the wiki code .

It is advised that you DO NOT update to ANYTHING coming down the pipe EVER without first doctoring your phone to a public version of the OS for your phone.

:-p

That said, I'd laugh if Verizon got 2.2 before sprint pre's.

I personally just pre-ordered the nexus s 4g for a nice trial run this weekend. Will see how it goes, I won't ever give up my palm minus to the recycle gods thoe.
    Just got this screen....Not sure if I have 1.4.5.1 or not?
    Nope, apparently not.

When I check for updates again, I get the message above that my phone is up to date with 1.4.5. Maybe they put the kabosh on the update to 1.4.5.1?
  6.    #26  
    1:53 PM EST, and the update process is telling me my phone is up to date with 1.4.5. Looks like the update got pulled.
    I think they have drawn back their update. But I could be wrong.
    Same here. Now up to date at 1.4.5.

I wonder what it was or will be.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Is anyone from PreCentral looking into this? Shocked it's not on the front page.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Is anyone from PreCentral looking into this? Shocked it's not on the front page.
    The people who run PreCentral probably all have Pre2's or at least have installed v2 on their Pre's.
    Maybe the update was meant to be bigger with more features, and they pulled it when something failed on their end.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I had no problem updating to 1.4.5.1, but I see no change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
    I had no problem updating to 1.4.5.1, but I see no change.
    Would you please post a screen shot of your Device Info page like I did in post #26 above?
    tell me how, and how you blacked out your # and name and I will no problem. It does say 1.4.5.1 in the version though. Im not so good on the pre just yet

Edit nvr mind got the screen capture, now do I need to move the pic over to the computer and black out the #'s? Im at work so it'll be a few hours

Edit edit: Nevermind I'm an ***** Forgot I can email it to myself and do it
    Last edited by Bosgarage57; 05/03/2011 at 01:55 PM.
    LET THE FUN BEGIN!! hehehe
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    LET THE FUN BEGIN!! hehehe
    NB! who let you out of your pixi forum?! you better get back there before Zacky59 finds out
    Is the app catalog any different? Can you use promo codes to purchase apps?
    rsanchez1 when I go to my app catalog and click on an item to buy it does NOT give me an option to enter a promo code, it just asks for my Palm Profile password to complete purchase.

On a positive note, I just won another pre+ on ebay for my girl for $60, Wahooooo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
    tell me how, and how you blacked out your # and name and I will no problem. It does say 1.4.5.1 in the version though. Im not so good on the pre just yet

Edit nvr mind got the screen capture, now do I need to move the pic over to the computer and black out the #'s? Im at work so it'll be a few hours

Edit edit: Nevermind I'm an ***** Forgot I can email it to myself and do it
    Bosgarage57, I'm in your town too, go Vols!!

What device do you have, the Pre2 or Pre+, and on what carrier? I tried several times to download 1.4.5.1 but no dice. Now, when I check for updates, I get the 'application updates available' button, no more webOS 1.4.5.x options show. I'm running a Pre+, launch day from Verizon at the end of January 2010.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast, Thats awesome! I actually live in sevierville, but noone knows where that is so Knox I say. I have a pre+ On VZW. I figured taht would have been the norm since the thread is for vzw pre plus...............just messing with ya. Yea I read the threads here yesterday (I'm a lurker usually not a poster) and thought, I dont wanna download that, then today I was bored at work and though what the hey. It went through just like updating from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5 and had no problem. I really dont see a difference, but havent messed around with it much.

Edit: If you guys need me to post anything else I dont care too, you just might have to walk me through it. I dont understand why I can and noone else can. Hey Maybe I'll get 2.2 next week
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast