Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I have a launch week Palm Pre which had been homebrewed, overclocked, etc. It was running fine until December or January when it started to randomly force me to restore it.

Once I couldn't get out of the boot logo loop...took it to Sprint who couldn't do anything...then followed the directions here to fix the WebOS Doctor failing at 8% fix.

This afternoon it did the restore thing and has been stuck in a loop since. I have tried the Novaterm commands. When I hit the connect button, I can type the first line "lvm.static vgscan --ignorelocking failure" I hit enter then I type the next line "lvm.static vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure" and it says "command not found" then it says that for anything I type in "command not found"

PLEASE HELP! I was really trying to hold out for a Palm Pre 3...but I don't think I can without a phone until summer!

Do I see an Android phone in my future...

Thanks!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    if I are stuxk in a boot loop, you should put the phone in recovery mode and doctor.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    How do I put it in recovery mode? I've held the up volume button to get the USB icon...then tried WebOS doctor...the uImage thing...

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Okay...I did the memboot thing...still resetting. The novaterm won't accept anything I enter except the first line (lvm.static vgscan --ignorelockingfailure). Anything else that I type the response is still "command not found."

I'm checking out the Sprint site for available upgrades...

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I believe I put the phone in Recovery Mode...took the battery out, held the up button until the USB icon. Doctor stops at 8%...when it resets, it gets stuck in the loop and is disconnected from Doctor.

Then I did the memboot. Then I tried to do the fix for the corrupted USB...cmd.exe to novacom then novaterm. I can enter the first command (lvm.static vgscan) and when I hit enter just the ] shows up. If I try to enter anything else, "command not found" comes up when I hit enter. One time I was able to enter the two lvm.static commands in reverse order by waiting five minutes in between but it wouldn't accept the msdos command.

I was able to fix this before! I'm not sure what the issue is but I am really wanting to hold out for the Palm 3. I guess I could use my insurance...not sure what kind of phone would be considered a suitable replacement.

Thanks!