1.    #1  
    I run Preware today. There were 4 application to updates. Preware was able to update only today application. All old ones (1-4 days old) were stuck in "Donut of death" - Loading/ Updating. I am running WebOS 1.4.5. Any body had this problem?
    May be it is not a Preware, but a server problem?
    probably.

what app has the update? Try updating each one individually.
    You are not alone - there are other threads about this. I had two stuck on me and I finally ran the Palm Update tool and it found them and properly updated them. One was RPN Calculator and the other was Zen Search. I'm not sure what's going on with Preware. Mind you this is not universal. I had other apps work correctly within Preware - I'm not sure if they were in the App Catalog or not however.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    probably.

what app has the update? Try updating each one individually.
    Tried individually ( throgh preware everything though) - same thing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    Tried individually ( throgh preware everything though) - same thing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Same here.
    I have had the same problem for a few weeks. Most of the apps that are on Preware's list to update hang up without updating. The only success I've had is to delete the app through the App Catalog and then reinstall it via Preware. I even tried to delete Preware and reinstall it via the Quick Installer. Short of doctoring, I'm open to suggestions.
    I think I'm having issues with it downloading/loading palm feeds, running a teat now. Shutsown all alm feeds. I recenty updated preware from 1.5.0 to 1.5.8. Maybe that did it. I dunno. But I used to have 22 updates for apps. Now only 8. No I didn't update them. Lol also app count is only at 699. Hmmm... Some 7000 missing haha.
    palm catalog doesn't load everything,only a few. Palm beta same thing. Palm beta updates none. Palm updates only one I think. Palm web, web ipdates and catalog updates don't do anything.
    any suggestions????
    Donut of death. That just made my day. It's been a long one. Thanks. Haha.
    ditto.
    I've ran into this with Palm Catalog apps. I usually just close Preware and check my software manager app and it shows and updates in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcflyer40t View Post
    I think I'm having issues with it downloading/loading palm feeds, running a teat now. Shutsown all alm feeds. I recenty updated preware from 1.5.0 to 1.5.8. Maybe that did it. I dunno. But I used to have 22 updates for apps. Now only 8. No I didn't update them. Lol also app count is only at 699. Hmmm... Some 7000 missing haha.
    yah I noticed there is 7000 or more missing too and have had the same downloading problems as others. Wonder what's going on? Maybe if Derek reads these he can write an article for us.
    The problem with missing apps from the Palm feeds is a problem at Palm's end - the apps are missing from their published XML feeds.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The problem with missing apps from the Palm feeds is a problem at Palm's end - the apps are missing from their published XML feeds.

-- Rod
    I figured as much. Thanks Rod. Hadn't yet looked into why I only had three apps in the web feed.
    so palm catalog is up and running in preware!!! Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcflyer40t View Post
    I can't receive any updated feeds in preware. Just shows me what I have downloaded.