Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Am I the only one having problems with my Pre+ freezing up on ver 2.1? It happens to me maybe once every day. I've got a reboot scheduler set up to reboot every day at 3am. I thought that would help, but it hasn't. It seems to happen in a variety of situations .. not just with one app.
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Am I the only one having problems with my Pre+ freezing up on ver 2.1? It happens to me maybe once every day. I've got a reboot scheduler set up to reboot every day at 3am. I thought that would help, but it hasn't. It seems to happen in a variety of situations .. not just with one app.
    I am having the same problem. Complete lock-up needing a battery pull. Most of the times this occurs for me is when it is on the Touchstone. Nothing running except Exhibition mode.

The phone is not hot when it happens either but gets warmer as it sits on the Touchstone.

This is on a Sprint Pre Plus 2.1.0. I am also using a Sprint Pre Classic 2.1.0 that does not seem to have the problem.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Someone else reported this problem also, said it goes dark when it is running on battery, but not when it is plugged in. He has reboot rescheduler also.

edit: he was on uberkernal screenstate 500/800
    Last edited by bluenote; 05/02/2011 at 05:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Add me to the list. My VZW Pre+ on 2.1 is pretty laggy as well and occasionally restarts or shuts completely off on it's own. The most irritating thing it does by far though, is not completely waking up from screenstate. I have to slide open the keyboard physically and type in my pin to get it to wake up about half the time. Tried re-doctoring several times and actually am on a new replacement and it still does the same thing. Considering going back to 1.4.5, but waiting for all my apps to re-download is a super pain in the ****.
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    I've experienced the lock-ups on my vzw + with 2.1.0, as well, but I attribute it to the kernel I'm using. Some worse than others.

No mention of overclocking/govnah use in any of these posts...
    exactly. For those considering: please post what kernels you are using...
    I'm on a VZW Pre+ with 2.1 and running F104a with a SS500/1100 profile.
    No lockups for me lately, though i did experience random reboots due to leaving wifi on (i think). I would turn my phone off, go away for a bit, come back and find either my battery drained by a huge amount, or the phone off. I believe there is an issue with synergy causing this.

I've also disabled swap, which my phone was never using, and muffled some of the more common log messages.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    VZW Pre+ running UK SS 500/1GHZ. I find it almost unusable on a stock Kernal.

Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
  9.    #9  
    I'm on Uberkernel screenstate 250/800.

Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    All of you having problems try running 2.1.0 with stock kernel no overclocking it works fine! Only problem will be occasional TMC error a reset will fix. This worked for my Sprint minus after trying all overclocked kernels availabe.

i also had this problem with my ATT pre plus (converted to run on sprint). tried everything..

-stock kernel
    -uberkernel
    -uberkernel with disabled compcache

Also, I redoctored, remade the doctor and redoctored.

My phone just doesnt like 2.1 for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    i also had this problem with my ATT pre plus (converted to run on sprint). tried everything..

-stock kernel
    -uberkernel
    -uberkernel with disabled compcache

Also, I redoctored, remade the doctor and redoctored.

My phone just doesnt like 2.1 for some reason.
    What method for doctor did you use? Not Cygwin I hope?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    What method for doctor did you use? Not Cygwin I hope?
    I definitely did use Cygwin, why? This was the method on the webosinternals wiki back when I did it. I heard Cygwin wasnt available a few weeks after that, is that what you are referring to?
    I definitely did use Cygwin, why? This was the method on the webosinternals wiki back when I did it. I heard Cygwin wasnt available a few weeks after that, is that what you are referring to?
    No Cygwin here Ubuntu all the way.

Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    No Cygwin here Ubuntu all the way.

Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    I'm on Uberkernel screenstate 250/800.

I've read posts that webosinternals does not think 250 works for all pre models, perhaps go back to 500 and try?
    Cygwin has been proven to cause your phone to not boot up. This happened to me a lot when I used Cygwin. I finally used a linux machine and re-doctored. It did happen once after that but so far since then, Its been running good. I thought it might be UberKernel and when I re-doctored, I didnt install that. For a while, my phone ran fine with no problems rebooting. I just installed the F105 Thunderchief Kernel today for the first time ever. Everything is running smooth so far.
    I'm only on a Pre - but i too have been having lots of freezing. Some apps take 15 seconds to load. But often at the homescreen i swipe left and it just freezes halfway between pages. Just wanted to mention it. I feel you're pain. I'm on a pre minus though so i pretty much just think i'm stuck with it behaving how it is.
  19.    #19  
    I've just been going on the conclusion that I'm using a version of the OS that's only about 95% baked, and still has a decent number of bugs in it. I've been tempted to move back to 1.45, but I'll miss too many things.
    Post from Rod on uberkernel w 250 here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ernel-110.html

"250 minimum freezes many devices.
    Stick to 500 min."

-- Rod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast