1.    #1  
    my phone is on wifi here at home and today a application that i dont even have on my phone popped up out of nowhere with the wifi connection symbol and it said that it was configuring my network. I let it stay there for a minute and it said it was installed. So csn anyone tell me why that happen or what captive portal network is?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    my phone is on wifi here at home and today a application that i dont even have on my phone popped up out of nowhere with the wifi connection symbol and it said that it was configuring my network. I let it stay there for a minute and it said it was installed. So csn anyone tell me why that happen or what captive portal network is?
    As far as I can recall - Captive Portal notification is normal in the 2.1 version of webOS. What it means is that at some point you configured your PC to work with one of the generic type wifi strings (AT&T, a hotel, etc.) that requies a webpage sign-in to get accesss to the internet. Any time you are in range of one of these your device may choose to connect and when it does so you get a notificiation that it is a captive portal network so that you will either sign-in and release the network access - or turn it off to keep your 3G connection alive.
  3.    #3  
    okay, thanks a lot i was worried. I thought it was a big problem like hacking or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    okay, thanks a lot i was worried. I thought it was a big problem like hacking or something.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...bos-2-1-a.html

This may help if the behavior makes you nuts.

If you need more info google "captive portal webos".