1. 27
    ...however, if I perform a reset, I'll lose the Govnah and Kernels.

Is there a way round this?
    sure, use the palm bypass utility, then apply the first use patch so they can activate it to a real profile.

also, run save/restore, saved package list, etc so they can recover easier if they mess it up.
  3. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    sure, use the palm bypass utility, then apply the first use patch so they can activate it to a real profile.

also, run save/restore, saved package list, etc so they can recover easier if they mess it up.
    Please elaborate. I don't understand.
  5. 27
    Thanks.
    How do I get the first use patch please?
    in preware search for "activation bypassed" annd you wll find it. After that,, the perosn that buys it will run first use and create aa profile on the palm server.
  7. 27
    in preware search for "activation bypassed" annd you wll find it. After that,, the perosn that buys it will run first use and create aa profile on the palm server.
    Only a placeholder is available for 2.0.1.
    Is there another way that you know of please?
    GFN: I agree, but I think he is tryng to sell it for more $
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    And the extra profit is donated to webos-internals?

Great idea OP
    +1
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    A tip, if your selling this you should have a good lot of knowledge with what your doing incase the buyer has trouble.
    And the extra profit is donated to webos-internals?

Great idea OP
    this!
  12. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    Only a placeholder is available for 2.0.1.
    Is there another way that you know of please?
    Anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    ...however, if I perform a reset, I'll lose the Govnah and Kernels.

Is there a way round this?
    Best way would be to let everything be lost and give them a CD with all of the needed files and detailed instructions on how to set it back up. That way if they ever need to do so again they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Best way would be to let everything be lost and give them a CD with all of the needed files and detailed instructions on how to set it back up. That way if they ever need to do so again they can.
    What needed files? A webOS Doctor? (Illegal to redistribute), Preware, Govnah? (he'd need to include the source code also).

I'm not sure of the legallity of trying to take advantage of the knowledge of some to create some customized device and, of course, not giving anything back to the people who created these procedures.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    In my experience it's a lot better to have someone figure it out for themselves, given the fact you're selling a device, not e-mail support until they decide to get a new phone.

Make the buyer aware of Preware, and how easy it is to install. Direct him to this forum and a few relevant threads.
    This ^^^
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    What needed files? A webOS Doctor? (Illegal to redistribute), Preware, Govnah? (he'd need to include the source code also).

I'm not sure of the legallity of trying to take advantage of the knowledge of some to create some customized device and, of course, not giving anything back to the people who created these procedures.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    How about webOSQuickinstall? Instructions for how to use that to load Preware and then webOSdoctor URL's and maybe an Ubuntu LiveCD and instructions on how to run the MetaDoc if he wants to upgrade him to 2.1.

This are the things that a person new to this could use that might ease their journey into the fray.
    Just include a purchased copy of Preware Homebrew Documentation on the device, then they can follow the instructions to install Preware and overclock.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Just include a purchased copy of Preware Homebrew Documentation on the device, then they can follow the instructions to install Preware and overclock.

-- Rod
    I'm not sure but I got the impression the OP wanted to setup this like a new phone in terms of the buyer's experience. How could he do that without adding a profile to the phone? Also aren't purchases tied to a profile? The idea as I understand it is to have all of the person info of the OP removed and still provide a fully functional phone to the new buyer - perhaps even at first use prompts to ensure that the user can setup their own profile etc.
    how much more money can you possibly get even if you figured out how to overclocked pre plus? I have to think a person who is buying used pre plus at this point, they probably know webOS very well, and good chance they know this site. How hard is this new person to get the overclocked? If I was going to get the used pre plus, I wouldn't pay more to get the overclocked pre. But it's just me.