1.    #1  
    Is there any way to use the phone without a palm profile or create a Palm Profile without internet connection? I bought a phone online but don't want to connect it to a cell phone company, but I can't use the phone unless I create a Palm Profile, is there any way to go around this?
    You might want to look into the meta-doctor. I believe HP/Palm has a way to bypass the first use app in their official website. I'm on the road now so I don't have the links on front of me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    you can activate it using the palm bypass tool for wifi-only access. No voice or text, so it's like an pos with a keyboard.

then get the first-use patch and it will let you create a profile over wifi. That gets you access to the catalog.

ignore the metadoctor advice. In ths case it doesn't apply.
    What if the OP has webos 2.1? I don't think there is a first use patch on 2.1.
    For phones below 2.0, you can go to the palm's website and download the bypass activation tool directly from them. No need to doctor or meta-doctor unless you have to.

If the phone has 2.x on it, just go into the place an emergency call on the phone and hit ##devmode# to get you past the activation.

This is my understanding and if I am mistaken, please feel free to correct me. Hope this helps.