Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    I had got this EU comm board from a very trusted source to switch my NA (AT&T) board. Now when I am done with the installations ( which went without a glitch), I am stuck in the meta-doctoring part.

I wanted to put on WebOS 2.1 for O2. I have an AT&T 2.1 installed on it with "Full Erase" reset done. I am having these problems

1. I cannot sign in using the current OS as the phone radio seems to come on and off. And finally after Language Selection it says it encountered a problem.

2. I cannot doctor the phone to O2 2.1, as it says its wrong version. I have tried both ...ueu-wr.jar as well as ....ueude-wr.jar.

Is the radio acting that way because of incompatibility with AT&T version or is there anything else? Why can't I load the O2 doctor?

Can someone help me out?
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    After a long rally of PMs with GFN, finally we found the cause and solved it. We had to Force Flash the Modem's Firmware as mentioned in ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals. Thx for your patience GFN.

IF anyone knows, just a curiosity, what WebOS Doctor is possible to run in ATT Pre Plus with an O2 comm board? I have ATT 2.1. Could not run O2 2.1 (would have liked it since its an official version and support 2.1 in app catalog).
    Quote Originally Posted by cvendra View Post
    After a long rally of PMs with GFN, finally we found the cause and solved it. We had to Force Flash the Modem's Firmware as mentioned in ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals. Thx for your patience GFN.

IF anyone knows, just a curiosity, what WebOS Doctor is possible to run in ATT Pre Plus with an O2 comm board? I have ATT 2.1. Could not run O2 2.1 (would have liked it since its an official version and support 2.1 in app catalog).

- Meta Doctor the O2 2.1 base image.
    - Bypass modem flashing since you already have the modem flashed and working.
    - Bypass carrier checking - think that will resolve the doctor hang issue

Other option - Change the device tokens - GFN may be able to get you the token settings you need to change for O2.

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    As far as I know, tokens do not come into play in GSM devices.
    There has been some evidence to support the theory that tokens are checked by he official doctors for GSM devices too. The doctor either hangs or returns a message that this update is not comaptable with your device.

I've run into a situation where I placed an AT&T Pre Plus COMMS board into a Verizon Pre Plus and the AT&T doctor would fail providing output that this update is not compatable with your device. I changed the tokens on the Verizon Pre Plus using the meta doctor process to match another AT&T Pre Plus's tokens I had lying around and then was able to successfully use the factory AT&T Palm Pre Plus doctor on the device that would not previously doctor with it.

Thanks,
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Unsuccessful. I now have a version 9.9.9. The tokens and the combination don't work.
    Have tried

1. O2 2.1 with my original tokens
    2. O2 2.1 with some of your tokens
    3. O2 2.1 with all your tokens

As HP now provide option to remove device, I removed the device before each attempt. So I guess they registered a new device each time.

Only token that GFN did not send me was the Serial Number. So it might be just that which is incompatible. So I now need to get a full O2 tokens for pre plus including a serial no. Anyone you know might have it?

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    - Meta Doctor the O2 2.1 base image.
    - Bypass modem flashing since you already have the modem flashed and working.
    - Bypass carrier checking - think that will resolve the doctor hang issue

Other option - Change the device tokens - GFN may be able to get you the token settings you need to change for O2.

TTB
    Unsuccessful. I now have a version 9.9.9. The tokens and the combination don't work.
    Have tried

1. O2 2.1 with my original tokens
    2. O2 2.1 with some of your tokens
    3. O2 2.1 with all your tokens

As HP now provide option to remove device, I removed the device before each attempt. So I guess they registered a new device each time.

Only token that GFN did not send me was the Serial Number. So it might be just that which is incompatible. So I now need to get a full O2 tokens for pre plus including a serial no. Anyone you know might have it?
    Simple fix ..... I think.
    - remove the device from existing profile - I am beginning to doubt everything is removed using this process, but remove it anyways so whatever is removed from HP's system is truly gone. Keep in mind traces of your O2 comms board IMEI will never go away completely unless they open up full app catalog access worldwide without concern for the country the device was first activated in.

- Make sure to have all tokens set on the device to match the O2 tokens GFN sent you.

- Doctor the device with the O2 2.1 doctor

- create a new palm profile with a different email address

- With some luck and a prayer, you may now have a profile that shows the proper version level. If not you'll need to use the meta doctor ./scripts/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0
    process to get your profile back to reporting AT&T 1.4.5. I know that's not what you want to hear, but anything is better than 9.9.9!

TTB
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    S/N is not commboard but logicboard. It's not included in the tokenset exported with the Show Properties app.

I know. But I guess that also comes into combination somehow. I am guessing that Serial No. and the Carrier is getting linked somehow.
    Reading through this thread, I realized even though you chose to try the tokens option I suggested earlier, I couildn't find any reference indicating you've tried this:

- Remove the device from its current profile
    - Make sure the device has all of the O2 tokens GFN sent you.
    - Doctor using the factory O2 doctor
    - Create a new palm profile using a different email address.

Hoping to hear back where you are with this project soon.

TTB
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Simple fix ..... I think.
    - remove the device from existing profile - I am beginning to doubt everything is removed using this process, but remove it anyways so whatever is removed from HP's system is truly gone. Keep in mind traces of your O2 comms board IMEI will never go away completely unless they open up full app catalog access worldwide without concern for the country the device was first activated in.

- Make sure to have all tokens set on the device to match the O2 tokens GFN sent you.

- Doctor the device with the O2 2.1 doctor

- create a new palm profile with a different email address

- With some luck and a prayer, you may now have a profile that shows the proper version level. If not you'll need to use the meta doctor ./scripts/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0
    process to get your profile back to reporting AT&T 1.4.5. I know that's not what you want to hear, but anything is better than 9.9.9!

TTB

Which tokens are included in ALL? Only those that are exported with Show Properties? Or extracted from /tmp/tokens?
    Which tokens are included in ALL? Only those that are exported with Show Properties? Or extracted from /tmp/tokens?
    think show properties may be fine. Ask GFN. We're all winging it on this one.

Now thiat I think about it, this may be your best bet if you have not tried it ....
    Reading through this thread, I realized even though you chose to try the tokens option I suggested earlier, I couildn't find any reference indicating you've tried this:

- Remove the device from its current profile
    - Make sure the device has all of the O2 tokens GFN sent you.
    - Doctor using the factory O2 doctor
    - Create a new palm profile using a different email address.

Hoping to hear back where you are with this project soon.

TTB
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    think show properties may be fine. Ask GFN. We're all winging it on this one.

Now thiat I think about it, this may be your best bet if you have not tried it ....
    The comm board GFN sent me is from a O2 Pre (not Pre +). So do you think it will work?

I am stuck with 9.9.9 on ATT 2.1 too. Do you think I should go back to 1.4.5 and then only do 2.1 (if I have to stick with ATT)?
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    so my first step should be to doctor back to ATT 1.4.5? And just go ahead with ATT 2.1?
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    If that fails, I would go back to using your starting point tokens in a new 2.1 Meta-Doctor.
    Hopefully your profile will be 1.40.50 as before if all else fails.
    I am confused about that. I tried ATT 2.1 today morning with my tokens. But still 9.9.9. And decided I needed a break from all these meta-doctors

Really wish we could find someone who has made this combination switch.
    In that case, I would make a new 1.4.5 Meta-Doctor with your original tokens.
    And then use the first 2.1 you tried, that resulted in the 1.40.50 profile.
    +1
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    I'd stay on 2.1, run that doctor as TTB mentions and create a new profile.
    If that fails, I would go back to using your starting point tokens in a new 2.1 Meta-Doctor.
    Hopefully your profile will be 1.40.50 as before if all else fails.
    TTB's suggestion did not work. I am now stuck with 9.9.9 O2 Pre (not Plus).

When I try to go back to any other doctor, its stuck. I guess due to P101UEU model. Anyway, I can change tokens without doctoring?
    Uncomment the carrier and model check in Meta-Doctor.
    You've manoeuvred into a narrow alley, so you need to moonwalk a bit.
    narrow alley .... at least its not a dark one too!
    No need to retrace your steps or moonwalk in a dark alley!
    It's for lack of space, not lighting conditions.
    Personally I try to avoid heading into either kind ....

Always carry a flashlight and the latest webOS doctor for my device just to be safe!
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Good analogies guys. At least we found out the potholes in the alley? So next time anyone goes there we can say where they are.
    Good analogies guys. At least we found out the potholes in the alley? So next time anyone goes there we can say where they are.
    Were you able to get the device up and running on 2.1 with it's Palm profile reporting 1.4.5 again?

TTB
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Were you able to get the device up and running on 2.1 with it's Palm profile reporting 1.4.5 again?

TTB
    No. Doomed. 9.9.9. I seem to have misplaced few of my original tokens ("DMCLoAUTHNAME", "DMCLoAUTHPW", "DMCLoNONCE", "DMSVRoAUTHPW", "DMSVRoNONCE") while going back forth. So maybe that is the reason.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast