1.    #1  
    So, since the rumor is that Sprint will be releasing 2.2 to legacy devices soon (not as expected!), I don't think i'm alone in wondering what to do with my 2.1.0 pre minus.

I know I can't get OTAs, so should (can) I:

(1) Doctor back to 1.4.5 and when I can confirm Sprint's release?

This is concerning to me because I heard my palm profile may not work if i doctor back. Can anyone clarify what happens to my profile?
    On a side note, will my profile be functional when i get rid of my 2.x pre- for a pre3?

(2) Wait for the webos Sprint 2.2 doctor?
    Apparently this might be safer than back-doctoring for my profile?

(3) Give up?

Thanks!
    I would like to know, because I'm in the same boat.

I guess maybe I could go back to 1.4.5 just to upgrade without using my profile. Assuming that is possible.

Then I could log into my profile with 2.2.
    You can prolly downgrade to 1.4.5....sign in with a new palm profile (just use a different email address). Then run the update on the phone. Sign out of that profile, and then sign back in with your REAL profile.
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the update we were told not to expect (by HP at the Feb 9th event)
    If an update is coming, which is unlikely, the best thing to do is wait for a 2.2 doctor. If you downgrade to 1.4.5 then OTA to 2.2, that's twice that your USB partition will be wiped, where if you just doctor from 2.1 to 2.2, you'll get to keep photos and music (and all other personal files) on your phone

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    when i had 2.1 installed, i couldnt downgrade back to 1.4.5, but im back to 1.4.5 cuz i got a replacement
    Quote Originally Posted by r00t View Post
    when i had 2.1 installed, i couldnt downgrade back to 1.4.5, but im back to 1.4.5 cuz i got a replacement

really? I've done it a few times
    So have I like 4 or 5 times. I will say though this last time I did the whole doctoring process I had profile issues I had the 9.9.9 Profile problem. I donwgraded to 1.4.5 turned off backups, Re-meta-doctored and still had the 9.9.9 profile issue. So I downgraded to 1.4.1 then did the ota update to 1.4.5. turned of backups then meta-doctored to 2.1. Had the same 9.9.9 profile issue and the Dr. Skipped First Use issue as well. So I went to device info or whatever it was and went into the reset options and deleted all apps and data. Went through the first-use app used my same profile I had been using this whole time always used the same profile, And still had the 9.9.9 issue. So I once again deleted all apps and data, Created a whole new profile, And fixed all my problems. Now my profile reads 2.1 on the palm site. I don't know if anyone else has had any issues like this. If this is the wrong spot for this post please mods move it. I just wanted to post my experience with this all.
    Sprint Palm Pre+ WebOS 2.1 W/ Flash. OC'D 500/1.1ghz.
    I doubt they'll do an OTA. I'm guessing they'll give you a doctor, so there'd be no issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    I doubt they'll do an OTA. I'm guessing they'll give you a doctor, so there'd be no issue.
    yeah.. Probably.. Its the best idea
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    I can't believe anyone is actually believing this rumour that zacky59 made up ...

Sprint ain't gonna OTA 2.2, so the question is moot.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I can't believe anyone is actually believing this rumour that zacky59 made up ...

-- Rod
    Wha???

but,but,but, there were quotation marks!
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Wha???

but,but,but, there were quotation marks!
    lol
    Vzw is supposedly getting 1.4.5.1 OTA
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    wow, is the .1 supposed to make it right? what could it possibly do to help anything at this point.
    Guys. GUYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Rubinstein
    Don't tell anybody but we will have an OTA update to webOS 3.0 for the Palm Tungsten ready in the coming weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    +1,

But in the funny unicorn world we and zack live in...

I'd doctor to 1.4.5 and go to 2.x legit and start from scratch. I haven't purchased but a app or two, wouldn't mind providing again to the developer.

I'm moving on may 8th, but the pre will always be near. Alas I will return to webOS when somthing is available in the area I frequent. For now just need somthing that is working, I like 2.x but can't go back to 1.4.5 without feeling dull. 2.x (unofficial) just doesn't seem to work well on my phone.
    Lol. This is hilarious. .1 isnt going to do anything. Come summer I'll jump on the evo3d train. I suggest you all switch to android too.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboi1994 View Post
    Lol. This is hilarious. .1 isnt going to do anything. Come summer I'll jump on the evo3d train. I suggest you all switch to android too.
    No.

Good luck with Android updates.