Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    When inserting the USB into a PC it cleverly says "Tap for USB drive", but what's the quickest painless action to get back to charging at that point?

    If there was some sort of reverse action it'd be pretty cool..
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  2. TRoss's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #2  
    I hated that on my pc. On my macbook dragging the mounted drive to the trash (which becomes eject) does the trick instaantly.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    When inserting the USB into a PC it cleverly says "Tap for USB drive", but what's the quickest painless action to get back to charging at that point?

    If there was some sort of reverse action it'd be pretty cool..
    On Windows, Double click on "My PC" or "My Computer", locate the drive for your Pre, right click on it and select Eject.

    DON'T use the "safely remove hardware" option.


    On Ubuntu and variants, just press the small Eject icon on the drive name's side.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    On Windows, Double click on "My PC" or "My Computer", locate the drive for your Pre, right click on it and select Eject.

    DON'T use the "safely remove hardware" option.
    That's good to know, thanks. I wonder how many people knew that..
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  5. #5  
    I will have to try the eject method.

    Of late the "safely remove hardware" always says something is still using it. So I kill novacmd service and then retry. It works but long winded. This is on win7 64.

    Yes. Tap to switch back out of usb mode will be easiest!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    Of late the "safely remove hardware" always says something is still using it.
    Safely remove hardware is a pain in this case, it takes a long time and you have to remove USB and put it back on, while right click and eject immediately reverse the tap for USB drive action.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  7. ggendel's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    #7  
    The reason that you can't do this from the phone is that there may be information cached on the PC host. This is why you have to "eject" this and other USB storage devices from the USB host.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad

Posting Permissions