Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Hey All,

I've recently started getting TMC errors on my Pre Minus after about 5 or 6 cards. I've had Uberkernel and JSTop installed forever. I don't remember installing anything crazy, but I didn't take note of what I might have installed around the time anyhow so my apologies for the lack of help there. I usually have Facebook, a couple Twee pages, email, messaging and a web page or two up. After a while, the TMC errors start popping up. I don't see anything crazy in JSTop and the Javascript resourse monitor bar stays around 30 MB. I've raised the compcache incrementally from 16 MB to 48 MB and still have the issue. Any ideas or other things I can check?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    Hey All,

I've recently started getting TMC errors on my Pre Minus after about 5 or 6 cards. I've had Uberkernel and JSTop installed forever. I don't remember installing anything crazy, but I didn't take note of what I might have installed around the time anyhow so my apologies for the lack of help there. I usually have Facebook, a couple Twee pages, email, messaging and a web page or two up. After a while, the TMC errors start popping up. I don't see anything crazy in JSTop and the Javascript resourse monitor bar stays around 30 MB. I've raised the compcache incrementally from 16 MB to 48 MB and still have the issue. Any ideas or other things I can check?
    Try double-checking your Govnah settings. Once in a while I find that they don't "survive" a reboot, and change to another setting after the phone reboots. Perhaps this happened to you?

Rebooting the phone every once in a while is always a good idea as well.

Finally, for whatever it's worth, I have my Compache MemLimit set to 64 MB, and it works like a charm for me (I note you only tried up to 48 MB).
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Try double-checking your Govnah settings. Once in a while I find that they don't "survive" a reboot, and change to another setting after the phone reboots. Perhaps this happened to you?

Rebooting the phone every once in a while is always a good idea as well.

Finally, for whatever it's worth, I have my Compache MemLimit set to 64 MB, and it works like a charm for me (I note you only tried up to 48 MB).
    Yeah, I checked the Govnah settings and they look ok. I had Preset Reset running a daily reboot but it apparently got corrupted at some point and stopped doing it. That could be a hint at a bigger problem but I haven't felt like doctoring and reinstalling/reapplying everything. I will try setting compcache at 64 MB and see if that helps any. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and doctor if that doesn't work. I appreciate the suggestions.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I forgot to update this. I apparently missed the warning with the latest update for Brightness Unlinked where it may not function correctly with the "start BU at startup" patch installed. I have since uninstalled BU and opted for the "keyboard always at 25% brightness" patch instead. I'm back to being able to open my regular amount of cards and then some.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums