Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I was just informed by Sprint Customer service that the Sprint Palm Pre is NOT eligible for Google Voice integration. I have a Google Voice account and had attempted to port my Sprint Ph# to Google as my G.Voice number. I can see the Sprint logo in my Voice settings screen, and when I follow the link I get the msg: "Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled."
    After a lengthy wait and research by the Sprint tech staff, I was given the bad news that the Palm Pre will is NOT eligible for Google Voice integration. Major bummer if this is true. Has anyone else successfully ported their Sprint phone number to Google Voice?
    Last edited by BikeBoy; 04/28/2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: clarity
    That makes no sense. It is supposed to be enabled on all Sprint phones, even dumbphones.

See the video in this post from CTIA, the guy is demoing G-Voice on Sprint flip phone, so I don't see why Sprint would limit the Pre, unless they decided to limit it to android phones or something.

Sprint, Google Voice tight integration is live (hands on) -- Engadget
    I agree, I thought it was for every phone as well, but I too am receiving the message above. Does that mean it just isn't live for me yet?
    I'm running a Sprint Frankenpre2 and integrated no prob. Now my voicemails show as texts and I have an archive of all incoming/outgoing sms messages. The call screening options are pretty cool too. You can direct to voicemail during specific hours, answer unknown calls with a "not in service" message, all sorts of stuff. The only thing that I haven't figured out is replying via sms to an email address. Not such a bad drawback considering all the added features. If you speak to Sprint Cust Serv they are CLUELESS as to how all this works!!!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I was just told by a sprint rep to

1. "Use the google for google voice and palm pre"
    2. "Download gDial"
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, i synced my too... though i set the google voice number as the main number. seems like u want the sprint number to be ure main number.
    but over all i have had no issue... andyeah cloud texts and voice mails is duh bomb -=)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I currently am not able to port my number. I receive a message stating Google Voice is not available for my phone since I own a Pre. What a load of crap.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeBoy View Post
    I was just informed by Sprint Customer service that the Sprint Palm Pre is NOT eligible for Google Voice integration. I have a Google Voice account and had attempted to port my Sprint Ph# to Google as my G.Voice number. I can see the Sprint logo in my Voice settings screen, and when I follow the link I get the msg: "Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled."
    After a lengthy wait and research by the Sprint tech staff, I was given the bad news that the Palm Pre will is NOT eligible for Google Voice integration. Major bummer if this is true. Has anyone else successfully ported their Sprint phone number to Google Voice?

this can't be right; i'm using a 1st gen palm pre / sprint, & ported on april 22, via an email sent to me, i logged into gv, ported my sprint number over, got sent a two digit confirmation to dial, & it was done!..

i had a nightmare of a tyme fiddling with mms & texting the following saturday, fixed that on monday, by toggling off *forward sms to email* & i'm using my native messaging app for mms & texting as usual.. i didn't even speak to nary a person... i don't see WHY the pre wouldn't be eligible for number porting... it's so fluid with the whole thing!, the voicemail i get via email so it's treated separately.. there's so much i want to type about this right about this, but being long winded is not one of my traits..
    Last edited by jvai; 04/28/2011 at 06:00 PM.
    It is available on the Pre, the people at Sprint are idiots and/or they don't pass along memos.

Tech Support Level 1 tried to tell me it was only on the newer phones, not the Pre 1, which runs Windows. I had to set her straight.

Tech Support Level 2 tried to tell me the same thing. I had to set him straight. Then he came back and tried to tell me the same thing. THEN he finally came back and told me it wasn't available because my account was listed as a government account, due to a discount I have on it.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have it running on 2 Pres no issues during the porting and converting to Google. Now VM on phone connects to google vm etc. with all features.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I'm running a Sprint Frankenpre2 and integrated no prob. Now my voicemails show as texts and I have an archive of all incoming/outgoing sms messages. The call screening options are pretty cool too. You can direct to voicemail during specific hours, answer unknown calls with a "not in service" message, all sorts of stuff. The only thing that I haven't figured out is replying via sms to an email address. Not such a bad drawback considering all the added features. If you speak to Sprint Cust Serv they are CLUELESS as to how all this works!!!

soo, you ported your gv number over to become your sprint number?

interesting... & now you have you sms's going in through email? on the pre?

on ""The only thing that I haven't figured out is replying via sms to an email address."" you *could* simply reply back, via email.. lol, since email's now handling the sms.. or toggle that off completely by un-checking *forward sms to email* & saving those changes, & letting the native pre messaging app handle your sms, *& you re-gain mms also*..
    I actually ported my Sprint # to GV, not the other way around. And I did all the box checking/unchecking to use email and sms in their native apps. I get a message "Your service does not allow sending to an email address. Msg 2135" when I reply to an email address from sms. Any suggestions on how I can sms to email? I could (before syncing) right from the messaging app
    OK, we need details. Can someone post the text of the email? Also, when I try to port it asks for $20. Is that not true when people try to port who've received the email? What's the url from the email link. Please, help us figure this out.

Thanks
    I didn't get an email, but the ability to do so popped up. If you go to Voice Settings, next to your Sprint phone should be something like "Check eligibility for Sprint integration". Click on it and you either get to do the integration or you get denied (probably because you have a corporate phone or a discount, which places you in corporate phone territory).
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    i think you'd need the official email from google voice
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Nailed it.

Some discounts place the type of account as government or business.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    As a follow-up, I Sprint CS told me that it was my corporate discount that was prohibiting the porting of my Sprint # to GV, not the phone (of course.) I'm not trading my 23% discount for GV...
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I actually ported my Sprint # to GV, not the other way around. And I did all the box checking/unchecking to use email and sms in their native apps. I get a message "Your service does not allow sending to an email address. Msg 2135" when I reply to an email address from sms. Any suggestions on how I can sms to email? I could (before syncing) right from the messaging app

in the attachment, those are the setting i use, to have the native palm pre messaging app send & receive mms & sms, i played & played around with that thing until i found the right settings... i need to make a youtube video as proof lol..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Google needs to say something. Too many people believed everything would be live 4/26. If that's not the case, just say so. I'm patent when I know I need to be. Still waiting on my iPad2.
    Well, it is live now....if you don't have a discount on your Sprint account.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast