Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1.    #1  
    deciided to remove uber kernnel from my phone (webos 2.1 pre plus) and for some reason upon removing via preware and restarting my phone I am stuck at the hp logo. It goes from tux to hp symbol properly however it does not got farther! Hp logo just flashes as if it's loading but it's been several hours and phone is still hung on hp logo!! Also I have been getting double notifications from my sms which is kinda annoying. When somebody send me a text I get a notification if I click on it, it pops up like normal but in my dashboard it says I got the same message as unread
  2. #2  
    This is the exact reason I have avoided uberkernel. It happened to me twice and the only solution I have found is to doctor . I recommend using some of the experimental kernels
  3. #3  
    This happened to me too. 5 times. Its said in the internals Wiki that building the doctor from cygwin in Windows can cause this though. Which is why they dont support that method anymore. However, I built a whole new doctor in linux and it happened to me once again so far. I suspected it might be UberKernel and havent installed it back onto my phone. So we will see if that was the problem. Im too afraid to install patches or change images on my phone now because I'm afraid it wont come back on.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    deciided to remove uber kernnel from my phone (webos 2.1 pre plus) and for some reason upon removing via preware and restarting my phone I am stuck at the hp logo. It goes from tux to hp symbol properly however it does not got farther! Hp logo just flashes as if it's loading but it's been several hours and phone is still hung on hp logo!! Also I have been getting double notifications from my sms which is kinda annoying. When somebody send me a text I get a notification if I click on it, it pops up like normal but in my dashboard it says I got the same message as unread
    Does it boot at all? If it does, then install the Stock Palm Kernel ASAP.
    If it doesn't, then you can always memboot.
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickc View Post
    Does it boot at all? If it does, then install the Stock Palm Kernel ASAP.
    If it doesn't, then you can always memboot.
    If the op was having the same problem as me, then no, it wouldnt boot up at all. It would Get passed the linux logo, then just continuously loop the HP logo. You could tell it wasnt going to boot when it froze mid glow for like 2 seconds and restarted the process. I tried everything. I removed the battery, I did the option+sym+r. What is memboot though?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    This is the exact reason I have avoided uberkernel. It happened to me twice and the only solution I have found is to doctor . I recommend using some of the experimental kernels
    this is very ironic to me becuz i was removing uberkernel for the purpose of trying expiermental kernels ! hmmm not allowing me to sign in to my profile, hopefully im putting in password wrong......

    did anyone have the double sms notification issue?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    This is the exact reason I have avoided uberkernel. It happened to me twice and the only solution I have found is to doctor . I recommend using some of the experimental kernels
    There are other ways, if i remember correctly. Try Membooting next time.
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    this is very ironic to me becuz i was removing uberkernel for the purpose of trying expiermental kernels ! hmmm not allowing me to sign in to my profile, hopefully im putting in password wrong......

    did anyone have the double sms notification issue?
    The double sms issue isnt related to the other problem I dont think. I have had that happen before but on other phones too. I think its a carrier thing. Im not sure though.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    If the op was having the same problem as me, then no, it wouldnt boot up at all. It would Get passed the linux logo, then just continuously loop the HP logo. You could tell it wasnt going to boot when it froze mid glow for like 2 seconds and restarted the process. I tried everything. I removed the battery, I did the option+sym+r. What is memboot though?
    ya its same problem it freezes for a few seconds on hp logo then loops again with flashing symbol

    doctor solved problem but doctoring the phone is annoying and now it wont let me log into my profile on my phone but will let me log into my profile on my labtop how weird
  10. #10  
    I cannot reproduce this problem on any of my devices.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    If the op was having the same problem as me, then no, it wouldnt boot up at all. It would Get passed the linux logo, then just continuously loop the HP logo. You could tell it wasnt going to boot when it froze mid glow for like 2 seconds and restarted the process. I tried everything. I removed the battery, I did the option+sym+r. What is memboot though?
    memboot is a process in which you send an alternate kernel to your device to boot from it
    you CAN use it to recover your phone by sending a kernel which loads an alternate, recovery partition in the case of the Pres
    You can find out how to here.
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I cannot reproduce this problem on any of my devices.

    -- Rod
    It never happened to me on a regular basis. It was very random when I was doing totally different things. Originally, I thought it was because I doctored using cygwin on widows, but it happened to me once since re-doctoring using linux. I cant pinpoint it. UberKernel might not even be the problem but Im going to leave it off my phone and see if it happens again.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickc View Post
    memboot is a process in which you send an alternate kernel to your device to boot from it
    you CAN use it to recover your phone by sending a kernel which loads an alternate, recovery partition in the case of the Pres
    You can find out how to here.
    Oh, thats useful. I wish I would have read this before I doctored so I could have tried it. That way I could have known if it was UberKernel or not. Thanks
  14.    #14  
    the exact list of things i was doing was as follows....i added testing feeds to my phone, then reset. i then uninstalled garretts weather in status bar widget patch, it prompted me to reset and i selected do later. i then uninstalled uberkernel so i could select a new one from the testing feed. when it was done it prompted for a full phone reset, i hit reset and i fell asleep and woke up a few hours later and my phone was still on hp logo....also i had wall charger pluged into phone this whole time it is the stock palm wall charger that came with the phone so i dont think this had anything to do with it
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    the exact list of things i was doing was as follows....i added testing feeds to my phone, then reset. i then uninstalled garretts weather in status bar widget patch, it prompted me to reset and i selected do later. i then uninstalled uberkernel so i could select a new one from the testing feed. when it was done it prompted for a full phone reset, i hit reset and i fell asleep and woke up a few hours later and my phone was still on hp logo....also i had wall charger pluged into phone this whole time it is the stock palm wall charger that came with the phone so i dont think this had anything to do with it
    Did you remove the kernel, reboot, then reinstall the new kernel?
    I think that you have to reboot in-between kernel installations..
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
  16.    #16  
    no i had not installed the kernel yet simply installed the feeds to view them, i have a lil bit o common sense and i mos def reset right after uninstalling uberkernel. also my phone is not letting me sign into my profile anymore im sure my info is correct bcuz i can access through my labtop on palm profile managment. im not to upset by any of this cuz really these are the first problems ive ever had with this phone. and ive loaded it with homebrew since the first time i turned it on a year ago!!!!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    no i had not installed the kernel yet simply installed the feeds to view them, i have a lil bit o common sense and i mos def reset right after uninstalling uberkernel. also my phone is not letting me sign into my profile anymore im sure my info is correct bcuz i can access through my labtop on palm profile managment. im not to upset by any of this cuz really these are the first problems ive ever had with this phone. and ive loaded it with homebrew since the first time i turned it on a year ago!!!!
    The last thing I would suggest is to doctor.. I'm out of ideas, sorry...
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    no i had not installed the kernel yet simply installed the feeds to view them, i have a lil bit o common sense and i mos def reset right after uninstalling uberkernel. also my phone is not letting me sign into my profile anymore im sure my info is correct bcuz i can access through my labtop on palm profile managment. im not to upset by any of this cuz really these are the first problems ive ever had with this phone. and ive loaded it with homebrew since the first time i turned it on a year ago!!!!
    What did you use to build the Doctor? Windows, Linux, Mac?
  19.    #19  
    i already doctored and phone is fine just cant sign into profile, its tellin me its failing to sign in. would doctor really help this problem?
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickc View Post
    Does it boot at all? If it does, then install the Stock Palm Kernel ASAP.
    If it doesn't, then you can always memboot.
    None of this works. I had the same problem as the OP and it was impossible to even memboot. I spent hours trying different methods, including memboot. I had to eventually enter recovery mode to doctor again. Sprint Pre-, cygwin, windows 7, ASASEABAN simplified scripts.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions